Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Mattias Tedenby

apice3*

Hope he plays well.
If he gets sent down, he will definitely be snagged by someone on waivers since he's on a 1 way contract.

I think this is the first year he has to clear waivers, but it has nothing to do with a 1 way contract.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I still havent given up on this kid 23 year old.

Admittedly, he's no longer a fetus, so you cant use that excuse anymore, but he is young and seemingly moronically stubborn. If Tedenby loses the stubbornness and agrees to listen to the people who have forgotten more about ice hockey than the sum of what Tedenby currently knows, I think he could break through.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Admittedly, he's no longer a fetus, so you cant use that excuse anymore, but he is young and seemingly moronically stubborn. If Tedenby loses the stubbornness and agrees to listen to the people who have forgotten more about ice hockey than the sum of what Tedenby currently knows, I think he could break through.

:laugh:This is a brilliant description. Absolutely true, well put.

apice3*

How on Earth is he stubborn?

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I wouldn't call it stubborn, it's more like his hockey IQ is extremely lacking. He is brutal position-wise in the d-zone and his decision making with the puck in the offensive zone is questionable. Too much hot dogging and turnovers near the blueline..

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
There's nothing stubborn about a lack of size/weight to be a regular in the NHL.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Happy is is back.

I don't think he'll be paid $600K to play in the AHL. If he doesn't make the team out of camp, he'll go on waivers and I'm certain another team will claim a former first round pick who has speed and skill, but needs an opportunity to play with a longer leash so he isn't terrified to make a mistake and be bolted to the bench the rest of the game.

PS. Why does Renauld Lavoie know more about the Devils than Chere or TG?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I wouldn't call it stubborn, it's more like his hockey IQ is extremely lacking. He is brutal position-wise in the d-zone and his decision making with the puck in the offensive zone is questionable. Too much hot dogging and turnovers near the blueline..

This exactly, by no means stubborn. I saw a Tedenby that was really trying to fit in last year, almost too much.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why was this a one way contract? I'm a little baffled because they're usually not given to players who haven't been able to prove they're able to stick in the NHL yet.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Why was this a one way contract? I'm a little baffled because they're usually not given to players who haven't been able to prove they're able to stick in the NHL yet.

He took a $275,000 paycut to get the 1-way. And at this point if he doesn't have it, it's only a year. He can be traded, waived, discarded in some other fashion. It's very low risk.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He took a $275,000 paycut to get the 1-way. And at this point if he doesn't have it, it's only a year. He can be traded, waived, discarded in some other fashion. It's very low risk.

I'm not worried about the risk at all. I just hope this doesn't mean he'll be forced onto the team again just cause he's on a one way. I really can't see them paying him all that to play in the AHL either.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I'm not worried about the risk at all. I just hope this doesn't mean he'll be forced onto the team again just cause he's on a one way. I really can't see them paying him all that to play in the AHL either.

He has to clear waivers to go to the AHL. I don't think he'd clear, for all his faults it's too high reward/no risk for another team to grab him. He'll ride the bench if the NHL isn't working...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He has to clear waivers to go to the AHL. I don't think he'd clear, for all his faults it's too high reward/no risk for another team to grab him. He'll ride the bench if the NHL isn't working...

I'm just hoping there's other moves to be made like maybe one in UFA? Even if it's an amnesty guy. I'd expect Josefson gets a one way also, I would have thought he'd also get a two way but I would have bet he'd get a one way before Tedenby would. Maybe Lou has a good idea that Clarkson is on the way out?

Tedenby could be like the 2013 Pierre Dagenais I guess. He was picked up off waivers I believe by Florida after we waived him. If Tedenby had a two way though, would he still not have been waiver exempt?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I'm just hoping there's other moves to be made like maybe one in UFA? Even if it's an amnesty guy. I'd expect Josefson gets a one way also, I would have thought he'd also get a two way but I would have bet he'd get a one way before Tedenby would. Maybe Lou has a good idea that Clarkson is on the way out?

Tedenby could be like the 2013 Pierre Dagenais I guess. He was picked up off waivers I believe by Florida after we waived him. If Tedenby had a two way though, would he still not have been waiver exempt?

What are you talking about? This move has nothing to do with anything else going on.

A 1-way or 2-way or Tedenby has nothing to do with his waiver status.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

The difference between a 1-way and a 2-way contract is solely the amount a player is paid in the NHL versus the AHL. Waiver exempt status is unrelated to 1-way or 2-way contracts. Tedenby now has too much NHL experience to be waiver exempt.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Technically I think Teddy didn't really take a pay cut compared to the least two seasons. He was making $65k in the AHL but he's guaranteed himself a big paycheck with the one-way deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad