Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Erik Haula (3 yrs, $9.4 million total)

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Lindy has had 900 wins entering the postseason, the Most Successful NHL coach NEVER to have won a Stanley Cup. In 132 playoff games that he coached his record is 71-61; .538 winning percent.

Here is his record including on the right playoff performance:

Since 2008 he has only had 1 more wins than losses, playoff season, that was in 2015-16 13 games 7-6, I will say he hasn't had that many opportunities since 2009-10 he has only had 5 playoff series with only 1 with more wins than losses. Playoff games: 6 2-4; 7 3-4; 6 2-4; 13 7-6; &
12 5-7.

I rest my case. Thanks for asking.
What kind of teams he coached? How many coaches have more playoff wins without winning Stanley cup? If we will cut SC win year, what kind of stat Trotz has? How many SCF and CF he faced?
You are using not a strong arguments.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
What kind of teams he coached? How many coaches have more playoff wins without winning Stanley cup? If we will cut SC win year, what kind of stat Trotz has? How many SCF and CF he faced?
You are using not a strong arguments.
Quite the opposite. You are using a weak argument when discussing Trotz as your centerpiece while discussing Lindy Ruff. If you honestly evaluate the data I posted with Rupp's lifetime coaching playoffs records, you will get the requested information you are asking for.

Let me restate my position again. Lindy has been a terrific coach for the NJ Devils. The issue I have is simple. As Fitz builds a highly competitive team, Ruff's experience and knowledge as a head coach fails as he coaches a team through the rounds of the playoffs, not the regular season. There are 3 rounds before the Cup round. Rupp's record in the playoffs fails as he get into round 2, look at the data I provided. Consider that Rupp has the most regular season wins without ever winning the Cup. Look at the data I previously provided to see the supporting evidence. As the team gets better to advance through more rounds like the 3rd, RUPP's coaching breaks down in the 2nd round for the most part. Please review the history that supports this position. This is my opinion, by the way, based on historical data. If he had Brunette as an associate HC I think he had a chance but when Fitz let it be known that Ruff was stating Brunette left for Nashville as HC. Fitz had a long time friendly relationship with Travis Green. Green was done, no team wanted him as a HC anymore. So Fitz save him and gave him a good job as the associate HC. IMO this was a regression that will take away help for Ruff when the team gets back into round 2 and move into round 3. That's it. Please don't come back with Trotz history we are talking about Ruff. Thanks stay well.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Quite the opposite. You are using a weak argument when discussing Trotz as your centerpiece while discussing Lindy Ruff. If you honestly evaluate the data I posted with Rupp's lifetime coaching playoffs records, you will get the requested information you are asking for.
Because I`m using your argument that doesn`t work. BECAUSE you are saying "Coach X old, never won, had less playoff wins than loses - reason why he will never win". I`m saying that it doesn`t work BECAUSE coach Y was old, didn`t won before special day, had less wins in playoff, never faced CF. What is with your consistent thinking?

Data you provid is working with the teams Ruff coached before. Devils is a different team. There are tonns of coaches who won it with special team. Trotz history was bad after second rounds. And Ruff has expirience with CF and SCF with good teams. THIS is hystorical data.

Green\Brunette thing is overblown. Brunnette wasn`t hired as HC after his Florida run, he wasn`t signed by Florida, our power play wasnt really good outside of personall level of Jack\Dougie. Vancouver had 21% in the Green period in 5 seasons.

You are trying to overthinking it. They will win it when Jack and Nico will be ready, will be healthy and goalie will be competent enough to stay in the game. And the depth will be good enough to make more pressure than opponents can do. We can find any data like amount of wins, expirience, amount of comebacks in past season, amount of win in play off, that if we are trying to find right coach than it`s Ruff. You are trying to use not objective arguments, pretty questionable arguments that will never help you in judgeday. In the end Ruff will win it with the Devils or not. You don`t know. There were tonns of questionable coaches who won it just because he was lucky to be in the right place in the right time. And Ruff proved that he is more tha just a body.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Because I`m using your argument that doesn`t work. BECAUSE you are saying "Coach X old, never won, had less playoff wins than loses - reason why he will never win". I`m saying that it doesn`t work BECAUSE coach Y was old, didn`t won before special day, had less wins in playoff, never faced CF. What is with your consistent thinking?

Data you provid is working with the teams Ruff coached before. Devils is a different team. There are tonns of coaches who won it with special team. Trotz history was bad after second rounds. And Ruff has expirience with CF and SCF with good teams. THIS is hystorical data.

Green\Brunette thing is overblown. Brunnette wasn`t hired as HC after his Florida run, he wasn`t signed by Florida, our power play wasnt really good outside of personall level of Jack\Dougie. Vancouver had 21% in the Green period in 5 seasons.

You are trying to overthinking it. They will win it when Jack and Nico will be ready, will be healthy and goalie will be competent enough to stay in the game. And the depth will be good enough to make more pressure than opponents can do. We can find any data like amount of wins, expirience, amount of comebacks in past season, amount of win in play off, that if we are trying to find right coach than it`s Ruff. You are trying to use not objective arguments, pretty questionable arguments that will never help you in judgeday. In the end Ruff will win it with the Devils or not. You don`t know. There were tonns of questionable coaches who won it just because he was lucky to be in the right place in the right time. And Ruff proved that he is more tha just a body.
Ok, thanks, have a nice day. BTW, I hope I am wrong and the Devils make the playoffs again and win the Cup with or without Ruff and with or without Fitz and Green.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad