Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
My thoughts in no particular order.

I've never seen a Rangers team in my lifetime do so little with more. This iteration of the team is literally the anti Tortorella teams that Tortorella got blood out of stones from. Have to think this is on the coaching, right?

I'm sick of seeing every single offensive chance on Ryan Strome's stick die.

One point in 13 games for our #1 overall prospect. How is the coaching and the front office not alarmed by this? He should sit for a game or two and watch from the press box. They're trying to let him work and play through it. That's not working.

Don't see how Igor could have saved any goal against tonight.

Zibanejad is going to lose the whole year to COVID after effects. He should be playing on the 4th line to focus on doing the little things right. I'd switch him and Rooney, TBH.

He went from a "must extend" to "I'd listen on offers on him" very quickly. Only silver lining is that his next contract got a hell of a lot cheaper if the Rangers elect to keep him.

Kakko is going to break through any game now.

This team really misses Chytil.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
I’m just here to say to the people who thought DeAngelo was the problem: no.

There is a bigger issue here.

tenor.gif

TDA was the scapegoat when out of the gates they sucked, "the team cancer" is gone and they are even worse now. IMHO if the Rangers want to try and salvage the season 1) Fire Quinn and 2) bring back TDA

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Our best forward this season by a long way aside from Panarin has been Blackwell. No disrespect to the guy, cos he's been very good, but that is a sad state of affairs.

For such a young team it is a major worry that we are getting worse.
Kakko has been better. He’s not getting points but he has easily been our best forward for the past 10 games or so.

Kakko looks great and that’s really the only positive I can take from this season so far. He’s not getting points but they will come if he keeps playing like this.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
tenor.gif

TDA was the scapegoat when out of the gates they sucked, "the team cancer" is gone and they are even worse now. IMHO if the Rangers want to try and salvage the season 1) Fire Quinn and 2) bring back TDA
Agreed with that. And postpone as many games as possible to get our injured players back.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Players don’t respect this guy. He’s a f***ing simp and was a plug back when he played.

Sheldon Keefe was the correct hire. Gorton and co f***ed it up. Would have been perfect.

Reactions: Graves97

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I have been calling for Quinn to be fired since his first season. Even with the shit roster I saw it then. No structure, no system to speak of. Last year the Rangers got hot for 2 months on the backs of Mika and Panarin and all of a sudden we were "contenders". Bullshit. Were going nowhere as long as this guy is this teams head coach. He is not at this level.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
The team didn't play in 16 days and just beat us by three and pounded us from behind. I am utterly disgusted. How about scratching Kreider next game? Call up Jonny "Cash" Brodzinski. I'd take the 2018 post-Spring cleaning roster before I continue to watch this filth.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
All of the other losses didn’t get to me too much but this one really did.

There are no excuses for losing this game. They went toe to toe with the Bruins for two games and had plenty of rest leading up to this one.

It looked like the Rangers were the team who just came back from a half month layoff and only one practice during that time.

Once again, takes them 15 minutes to get their legs and even then they were too easy to play against.

The problems run deeper than this being just a young team because the vets are the ones who are not pulling their weight. Wtf

Reactions: Slaydagnar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad