Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
A run of hot goalies and bad bounces can suck the life out of a young team and that's exactly what I see happening here. I see a young team that is frustrated by their results so far and they're shrinking in the face of adversity. They've been in most games this year and have lost several that they should have won. They fought their way back into the game last night only to lose their leader on the blue line to an injury then fell behind on a miracle double-deflection. You could tell it just sucked the life out of them. That kind of thing is going to happen with a young team and it will get resolved with time.

The bigger concern is that the veterans are falling into that same mentality. Kreider and Zibanejad seem to be spending their time feeling sorry for themselves instead of stepping up and setting an example.

Again, this points to a coaching problem

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not for nothing, but at the very least, @Edge was right that there’s a hex on this team right now.

2020-21
S: 449 (11th)
S%: 7.3% (30th)
GF: 33 (27th)
GF/G: 2.36 (27th)

League average S% is 9.8% at the moment. If the Rangers were shooting 9.8% instead of 7.3%, they’d have 44 goals instead of 33 goals (league average is 43 goals).

No team shot below 7.4% last year, and the team shooting 7.4% was the Red Wings.

The Rangers shot 10.7% last year.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Shot Tide
upload_2021-2-17_18-57-55.png

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Not for nothing, but at the very least, @Edge was right that there’s a hex on this team right now.

2020-21
S: 449 (11th)
S%: 7.3% (30th)
GF: 33 (27th)
GF/G: 2.36 (27th)

League average S% is 9.8% at the moment. If the Rangers were shooting 9.8% instead of 7.3%, they’d have 44 goals instead of 33 goals (league average is 43 goals).

No team shot below 7.4% last year, and the team shooting 7.4% was the Red Wings.

The Rangers shot 10.7% last year.
How many of those chances and shots we’re generating are high danger though?

Reactions: NYRangers16

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
No. Please don't put that together. TDA has had many more issues than the Georgie fight.

I'm just legit curious if Georgie was fined, etc. for his actions.

Maybe when the other person is a proven a****, you give the other person the benefit of the doubt?

Last edited:

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Maybe when the other person is a proven a****, you give the other person the benefit of the doubt?

Benefit of the doubt would be not suspending a game check or two.

People still need to be accountable for their own actions and a fine should've been handed.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Benefit of the doubt would be not suspending a game check or two.

People still need to be accountable for their own actions and a fine should've been handed.

He was told directly by Gorton that if he stepped out of line again this would happen and he gambled wrong.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I have been calling for Quinn to be fired since his first season. Even with the shit roster I saw it then. No structure, no system to speak of. Last year the Rangers got hot for 2 months on the backs of Mika and Panarin and all of a sudden we were "contenders". Bullshit. Were going nowhere as long as this guy is this teams head coach. He is not at this level.
Isnt that what is supposed to happen? Your best players......etc. etc.?

I dont normally call for anyone's head/to be fired. But, unfortunately this is what probably needs to be done. Too many players looking like they could give a rats ass whether they win or lose. Kreider/Trouba and the likes can say all the right things......but, it doesn't mean shit, until you play like you're supposed to.

If we lost every game by 1 goal or in O.T. , well then that is acceptable to some degree, because we haven't learned HOW to win with this group. Last year was great, and probably expected more of the same this year. We were tricked. Theres a huge reason as to why Vally looked and sounded so solemn. It's as if he is in the room with them. He sees it, the end is near. Shock the team, they need it.

And for all the Torts haters out there.....bet you would want im right about now.
AV haters,........even he would be better. We would be scoring 5 a game, and giving up 3 or 4.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
They are fine, but again I'm not focusing on the newbies here because they are not the problem, even though there's a major issue with how laf is performing rn

Zibanejad putting up 3 points in 14 games is insanely concerning

The amount of turnovers and goals against and penalties that trouba has been responsible is absolutely unacceptable

The coaching staff's insistence of playing jack johnson when he is healthy

Buchnevich's inconsistencies

These problems on their own would indicate an issue with the players specifically. ALL of these problems at the same time indicates a higher level issue
Regardless that I am one of the many Tony lovers, I truly believe there is an "internal bleeding" going on here.
They lost a VERY GOOD PLAYER, for all the wrong reasons. They were "let down" by Tony's actions, but more importantly "let down" by the organization for their incapable handling of "one of their own". They lost a friend, and an on ice presence, and not easily replaced.

Just as I was writing this, I got a call from my Dr. after testing yesterday. Told I have a cyst on my kidney. Hmmmm. (Coincidence?)

Maybe the internal bleeding I alluded to, was really just a cyst.
That "cyst" was Tony (albeit benign), but treated him as malignant. They rid the cyst, but the internal bleeding is lingering.

Reactions: Tob

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I take mild exception to the "far less talent" statement. And I mean that in the broader sense. Obv both teams were missing big pieces, Devils have been without Nico for the entire year. But I don't think man for man the Rangers at full strength are man for man much more talented than the Devils. Their players get a bigger spotlight etc but I don't see it outside of Panarin (who I like) who doesn't play a consistent enough game.
Well, certainly didn't say that to upset you nor any other devils fan. It was more about my thoughts on my team.
If it means anything, your Devils DESERVED those 2 pts. We didnt. They played an unexpected, excellent game. Apparently the Rangers didnt think they could do what they did, and should be ashamed of their efforts.

Reactions: Sdevils42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad