GDT: Devils @ Rangers - 7pm, MSGSN & NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
My concern for this one is a pissed off Rags/Shesterkin and we end up getting goalied. Plus I think missing Bastian might mean a less effective BMW, which means a more top heavy even strength rotation. We'll see. Looking forward to this one for sure.
I'm not worried about the latter myself. From the lineup that's been posted, we will be seeing:

Wood - McLeod - Zetterlund
Sharangovich - Boqvist - Holtz

That should be fine. Hopefully we'll see them keep driving play. McLeod and Zetterlund created the last goal against Washington, after all.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I'm not worried about the latter myself. From the lineup that's been posted, we will be seeing:

Wood - McLeod - Zetterlund
Sharangovich - Boqvist - Holtz

That should be fine. Hopefully we'll see them keep driving play. McLeod and Zetterlund created the last goal against Washington, after all.
I'd really love for Holtz to play his way up to Jack's line with Mercer. Slot Haula down to third line and move Zetterlund to Bsstian's spot.

But that's a big ask and Palat comes back before long.

Reactions: StevensRocks

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Rangers skaters besides Panarin/Fox don't scare me, what scares me is that guy in net who can completely shut a game down for them if they're getting caved. Need to bury every chance against Shesty tonight.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Why would he sit

Yeah the amount of heat he gets on here is absurd. Dude has been solid, provides some toughness and is a great locker room presence.

I don’t get why there ALWAYS has to be a scapegoat. Literally everyone is doing their job and yet Boq Haula and Smith get unjustified heat on here. There doesn’t have to be a scapegoat, folks.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Bahl would get similar results, smith isn’t the one driving his results.

I’d rather him sit but it’s not end of the world if he plays.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Smith is quite clearly the worst skater on this roster and takes an absurd amount of penalties.

We have a younger defenseman with similar attributes but far more skill sitting in the press box not playing while Smith is allowed to make mistake after mistake. It's no surprise that people are getting frustrated with him.

He's not the worst player in the world but it's also pretty obvious that his counting metrics are being buoyed by playing on one of the most dominant 5v5 stretches the NHL has seen in the modern era.

I appreciate his leadership and to some extent his physicality, but this isn't 2019 anymore and we have much of both in the room now. His spot in the lineup shouldn't be safe, like at all.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I have very measured expectations and requests for tonight.
D6TzqC5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland