GDT: Devils @ Oilers, 3 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

It’s both super encouraging and at the same time dispiriting. This team is much higher octane and dangerous with its top talent than any team we have had since the cup years when Patty and others were clicking. But dispiriting because we are looking at a bottom 6 finish again. I was impressed by the comeback to take the lead yesterday and by how much frigging better than them we were for 3/4s of the shifts, when the goalie and D weren’t melting down in the 3d. And by how we turned our play around after that dismal effort in Calgary. And especially when half the club has been down with a stomach flu that’s had our guys on IVs in the dressing room to deal with dehydration (from what the Oilers broadcast said yesterday).

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Just consider this...we have two guys at over PPG paces this year. The only two guys who've averaged over a PPG for the Devils since the beginning of the 2010's are Kovalchuk in 2011-12 and Hall in 2017-18 and those were the last Devils teams to make the playoffs. We have two this year and this team isn't sniffing the postseason.
I’ll take “”What is Nico Hischier’s Fault” for $800 Alex

May he Rest In Peace

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
I mean the goaltending is terrible but there needs to be more defensive commitment from Hughes’ line and in general this team needs more true 2-way forwards who still possess some offensive upside. That is in addition the size requirement those forwards should have an ideally some form of a nastier (albeit maybe not as good) Siegenthaler clone we can put on our 3rd pairing next year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I’ll take “”What is Nico Hischier’s Fault” for $800 Alex

May he Rest In Peace

If he was a better leader we'd be in the playoffs. Strip him of the "C" now! Also, Hughes and Bratt are too small. Points mean nothing if they can't crash and bang and win hockey games!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If he was a better leader we'd be in the playoffs. Strip him of the "C" now! Also, Hughes and Bratt are too small. Points mean nothing if they can't crash and bang and win hockey games!

:sarcasm:
I think Jack is about tenth in the league in PPG as a center and Nico is around 32-33. I’m sure Bratt is about 21-22 for wingers. That’s all good stuff. At this point NJ does need to restructure a bit to add some team defense and of course goaltending. Nico apparently leads the team in blocked shots by a forward. Maybe a few other guys can start to step up in that sort of game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar Little

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
I think Jack is about tenth in the league in PPG as a center and Nico is around 32-33. I’m sure Bratt is about 21-22 for wingers. That’s all good stuff. At this point NJ does need to restructure a bit to add some team defense and of course goaltending. Nico apparently leads the league in blocked shots by a forward. Maybe a few other guys can start to step up in that sort of game.

We need a real 3C who can play PK to ease Nicos burden there

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad