Rumor: Devils not done making moves.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have to imagine they are bidding for Gusev.

I don't think Zacha will be traded.

I could see Butcher being traded.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
On the edge of my seat waiting for that 4th line signing.
:popcorn:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Frolik makes sense

When Frolik was a free agent, apparently Shero (first weeks of being Devils GM) did make him an offer. I wouldn't hate the additional forward depth, but naturally I think most of the fans are hoping for something a little more substantial.

-------------------

And just to add some context to the OP, Harris was doing a Q&A during the Subban press conference today and that's where the quote came from as I understand it.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
They have practically 17 million in cap space, and only need to resign Butcher and Zacha.

They should try and sign Marner to a 12.5m deal.

Toronto would have a week to make cap in order to match... and will be unable to do so.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't think it's talking about anything specific, but we all know Shero has preyed on cap strapped teams in the past with draft picks and prospects, and I wouldn't be shocked if he continued to try that.

So Calgary, Vancouver, or Vegas?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They have practically 17 million in cap space, and only need to resign Butcher and Zacha.

They should try and sign Marner to a 12.5m deal.

Toronto would have a week to make cap in order to match... and will be unable to do so.

And we don't need the first round picks anyway. Assuming Marner at least pushes the team out of lottery contention, we will be good with a bunch of 6th round picks.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I have a feeling that it is a somewhat “big “ acquisition . This is the second time Devils higher ups have come out and said they are not done adding to the roster and not just a random depth move .
I would not be surprised if it’s on the level of a Ehlers / Connor / acquisition .
Ownership and Shero wouldn’t make comments if it was a bottom 6 “meh” type player .

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Hey

Mostly a cap relief deal. Although that said our RW depth is atrocious even with Frolik, so getting a cheaper body back might be in the cards

Pretty sure Bennett will be moved full time to RW this season to help with this.

Pretty sure this move which I still believe will be either NJ or NYI will be purely for cap space.

Going to suck losing a good player like Frolik for a not so great pick.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
When Subban and Harris are saying they expect moves - while Hynes and Shero have hinted they could make more additions...

I think it’ll be a bigger deal than a bottom-6 player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad