GDT: Devils @ Nashville- The "It's too late" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
The effort level isn't always there, but the team is also a year older (which effects much of our aged forwards in a negative way) and still starved for offensive talent. This roster just isn't particularly good, especially offensively, and that's its main flaw in my opinion. You can put silk on a sow but it's still a sow, and you can put a veneer of effort on this team but it's still a pretty sad excuse for an NHL team. Now hopefully Lou sees that and just won't admit it to the media.

Well hopeful his actions leading up to the trade deadline and the draft will be his way of admitting it to the media.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Well hopeful his actions leading up to the trade deadline and the draft will be his way of admitting it to the media.

And that would be fine by me. I care more about what Lou does than what he says, and there can be real advantages to not being loose-lipped with the media. As long as he knows there's more wrong with this squad than effort and plans to do something about that in the future, I'm satisfied. :nod:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly, he's probably right to an extent. Under Deboer last year, the team was much more competitive and was at least in the conversation for the playoffs. This year the team seems to get outworked more often than not. Last year, that was not the case. The effort they put in last year was either hiding who they really are, or the lack of effort this year is making them look worse. I'm leaning more towards the first option just because I currently feel disgusted with the Devils. That Edmonton game really rubbed me the wrong way.

Team has been taking periods and games off all year. Say what you will about the roster but the effort has not been there after around game 4.

Only guy that shows up every night is Cory.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Team has been taking periods and games off all year. Say what you will about the roster but the effort has not been there after around game 4.

Only guy that shows up every night is Cory.

Agreed.

Not that I'm too unhappy with their effort the last two nights, other than them quitting late in the game last night.

The effort against Edmonton was PATHETIC. Yeah this roster isn't very good, but look me in the eyes with a straight face and tell me that Edmonton has a better roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad