GDT: Devils @ Nashville- The "It's too late" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly I'm a little envious their crap forward signings have all worked out while our crap forwards have just been crap. But it's easier to make filler look good when you have Weber and Laviolette instead of our 40-shot defense and the Three Stooges behind the bench.
We could have hired him last year, but that got some laughs out of people here when it was suggested.

Instead we (may or may not have given him a two year extension) brought back DeBoer and then fired him once we were considerably sunk, only to bring in a guy who may or may not be even worse than DeBoer.

I still think Oates is calling most of the shots here. Let's hope Lou doesn't hand him the keys completely.

He may have given Oates a 5 year extension after scoring a PP goal tonight. Foligno might be getting a 5 year extension since we didn't give up a PP goal.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For what it's worth, I think I envy basically every other NHL teams' forwards when compared to our can't-score-to-save-their-lives bunch.

Our forwards are basically equivalent to the Jets' WR's (pre-Decker), or the Mets' OF'ers the last couple years. All of my favorite teams :laugh:

We could have hired him last year, but that got some laughs out of people here when it was suggested.

Instead we (may or may not have given him a two year extension) brought back DeBoer and then fired him once we were considerably sunk, only to bring in a guy who may or may not be even worse than DeBoer.

I still think Oates is calling most of the shots here. Let's hope Lou doesn't hand him the keys completely.

He may have given Oates a 5 year extension after scoring a PP goal tonight. Foligno might be getting a 5 year extension since we didn't give up a PP goal.

I didn't think Lavi was realistic cause it doesn't seem like he'd be the kind of guy (with his whining and teams diving) that Lou would go for. Unfortunately Lou's stuck in the mode where he's gotta have his puppets/moles in the room.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA

If Lou hands Oates the keys I will be on a Lockout next season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm almost at the point where I would trade Zid or Jagr for something measly, as long as we could get them to take Zubrus.

He can't be on this team next year.

I'd rather have Bernier. I'd rather have the 13-14 Space Junk Bernier than Zubrus. Zubrus has been worse than the 13-14 Bernier that I hated so much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Lou hands Oates the keys I will be on a Lockout next season.

I might lock myself in a room and binge on bad food. Might even poison myself with alcohol too. That would be brutal.

Not only will I start drinking, I might start smoking too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oates would be Lou's last hire before he gets Tom Landry'ed out the door by the new ownership after they finish in last place next season.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
OMG Lou are you ****ing kidding me. Holy **** get back up in your suite where you can see better.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oates would be Lou's last hire before he gets Tom Landry'ed out the door by the new ownership after they finish in last place next season.

Hopefully Lou feels this is the case. Maybe then he won't hire Oates.

Oates is clueless. Look at Washington now.

He destroyed them for 2 years.

One thing I will say has been proven. People said (myself at times) that Pete rode Oates and Robinson during 11-12.

It certainly might be true for Robinson. Surely this is nowhere near the truth with Oates. This guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I might lock myself in a room and binge on bad food. Might even poison myself with alcohol too. That would be brutal.

Not only will I start drinking, I might start smoking too.

HaHaHa and at the same time put out feelers for a new team.:sarcasm:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't want Oates or Stevens as the head coach next year. I'd keep Stevens to work with the defense, but Oates can take a hike.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't want Oates or Stevens as the head coach next year. I'd keep Stevens to work with the defense, but Oates can take a hike.

This

Stevens can stay as an assistant, Oates doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

If Lou feels bad for him, hire him as a special assignment coach or give him some other sham job. Don't want him having anything to do with the way the team plays though.

I always thought he was a worthless assistant too.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
For what it's worth, I think I envy basically every other NHL teams' forwards when compared to our can't-score-to-save-their-lives bunch.

I used to say buffalo was worse but they have talent coming in...we have the worst forward group in the entire NHL with no help coming any time soon.

It's depressing and someone needs to be held accountable

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Nashville is a good team. Man, we really need to hit a homerun with our top pick this year. This forward core is beyond pitiful.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I used to say buffalo was worse but they have talent coming in...we have the worst forward group in the entire NHL with no help coming any time soon.

It's depressing and someone needs to be held accountable

It's just really hard to see that almost every other team has some talented young scorer, and we don't have any scorers at all. :cry: Hopefully, this draft gives us one good young forward. That is my biggest dream for this team right now.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I'm not sure I can watch another year of THIS. Some incremental growth please.

If the owners care and are really going to raise ticket prices(id never pay my hard earned Money to watch this product as is) changes have to be made. It's embarrassing to watch this night in and night out.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
What did Lou say for the 98% of us that aren't subjecting ourselves to MSG postgame?

He said he liked our effort over the last two games and if we had played more like that this season we would not be in the shape we are in.:laugh: Who is holding back the stats from uncle Lou.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If the owners care and are really going to raise ticket prices(id never pay my hard earned Money to watch this product as is) changes have to be made. It's embarrassing to watch this night in and night out.

No question. That's what bothers me the most about these cookie cutter, "I like the effort", declarations from Lou. Don't insult my intelligence. Come out and say this isn't acceptable and for maximum kudos from me, take some responsibility for the squad you constructed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He said he liked our effort over the last two games and if we had played more like that this season we would not be in the shape we are in.:laugh: Who is holding back the stats from uncle Lou.

Yeah TG is posting the quotes now...I guess Lou didn't show up for the first period either like the rest of the team sans Cory.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
No question. That's what bothers me the most about these cookie cutter, "I like the effort", declarations from Lou. Don't insult my intelligence. Come out and say this isn't acceptable and for maximum kudos from me, take some responsibility for the squad you constructed.

More are starting to say it and I've come around but Lou has to be held responsible for this. It's unacceptable what is put out there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I used to think Pete was bad at not calling the team out in public but at least Pete would sometimes do it in private. Right now there's really no evidence Lou, Stevens or anyone else is doing this. Unless you think someone lit a fuse under them after the first period tonight, my response would be where was this in the other games we ****ed around and never woke up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad