GDT: Devils @ Nashville- The "It's too late" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sounds more like all the typical DeBoer crap we heard in his pressers.

Maybe it won't be long before we start hearing crap about tough buildings and not getting rewarded.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sounds more like all the typical DeBoer crap we heard in his pressers.

Maybe it won't be long before we start hearing crap about tough buildings and not getting rewarded.

was driving in the car a couple of days ago and kadri used the tough buildings line in an interview…….i smirked and shook my head

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
I used to think Pete was bad at not calling the team out in public but at least Pete would sometimes do it in private. Right now there's really no evidence Lou, Stevens or anyone else is doing this. Unless you think someone lit a fuse under them after the first period tonight, my response would be where was this in the other games we ****ed around and never woke up?

I think Lou is just there now to get a better idea of what he has. I'm sure he can now see he doesn't have much. There's no fooling other teams either, its not like there are any real valuable pieces here where a trade could help speed up this rebuild. Devils really need to do well in this draft. Devils probably need McDavid more than any other team, but its obviously a long shot. Edmonton is at least filled with some young talent. There just isn't enough structure/consistency there. That's something the Devils still maintain despite losing. You rarely see the Devils getting blown out in games. They are mostly right there till the end.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Lou is nutters if he honestly thinks that it was only effort holding this team back. :banghead:

Honestly, he's probably right to an extent. Under Deboer last year, the team was much more competitive and was at least in the conversation for the playoffs. This year the team seems to get outworked more often than not. Last year, that was not the case. The effort they put in last year was either hiding who they really are, or the lack of effort this year is making them look worse. I'm leaning more towards the first option just because I currently feel disgusted with the Devils. That Edmonton game really rubbed me the wrong way.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Clean house and do a genuine rebuild.

Bring in Dagostini, Matt Anderson and Toastito for all I care to finish the season.

But cleanse us of the old/slow dead weight.

Sell sell sell for anything that can help the rebirth.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I ****ing hate that band more than pretty much anything else.

i cant hate the band…….its better to laugh.

terrible lowest common denominator garbage.

if i offended any fans im sorry,

but you're idiots. :laugh:

/////

anyways, (nickel)back to the game tonight…….

nashville really set the tone in the first forcing the D low with the forecheck…..caused many problems with the zone clearance ……wing and a prayer breakouts, off glass….missed passes……not fun to watch

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We allow close to 50 shots if Fraser is in tonight, there's no doubt in my mind.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Honestly, he's probably right to an extent. Under Deboer last year, the team was much more competitive and was at least in the conversation for the playoffs. This year the team seems to get outworked more often than not. Last year, that was not the case. The effort they put in last year was either hiding who they really are, or the lack of effort this year is making them look worse. I'm leaning more towards the first option just because I currently feel disgusted with the Devils. That Edmonton game really rubbed me the wrong way.

The effort level isn't always there, but the team is also a year older (which effects much of our aged forwards in a negative way) and still starved for offensive talent. This roster just isn't particularly good, especially offensively, and that's its main flaw in my opinion. You can put silk on a sow but it's still a sow, and you can put a veneer of effort on this team but it's still a pretty sad excuse for an NHL team. Now hopefully Lou sees that and just won't admit it to the media.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This team has so much heart and character! What a resilient bunch!

Even Cory gave up on that one.

This is the most mentally weak team I've ever seen in the history of any sport.

I bet there is a pretty direct correlation between the number of mercenaries on your team and the perceived mental toughness of the team. That is to say the more guys that didn't grow up in your organization you have, the less likely the team is to really give a damn about disgracing the logo on the front of their jersey by giving up when things get a bit rough.

Yes, this team is old and slow. And the guys that aren't ridiculously old and slow lack talent. But I would bet that if they had a bunch of mediocre players from Albany in there that were drafted by the Devils they would at least put forth a much more consistent, strong effort. They would probably lose as much, but they would leave it all on the ice and not get all pouty when the going got tough.

I'm not advocating calling up all of Albany, BTW. What I am advocating is better drafting and development.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Oh, absolutely. I was hoping they were now minor enough to escape detection...but apparently not.

At least it wasn't Bieber.:laugh:

its not noticeable TV feed normal view……caught it during timeout and low camera angle of both benches

do you guys have special mustards at the concessions there? you should. ;)

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
The fact that half these guys have mailed it in with the GM behind the bench watching them is pretty scary and I'm not necessarily talking about the UFA mercs. Henrique and Zajac haven't made a significant contribution in weeks.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Playing poorly isn't necessarily a sign of players "mailing it in" though. Our forwards are either old, slow, and/or asked to do too much. Jagr, Elias, Zubrus are all declining. Zajac has never been a driving force offensively. Henrique is streaky as hell. Ryder is Ryder. There's only so much you can expect from this lineup.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Gelinas needs to go, he is lost in the D-zone. Cant have that, no matter What kind of shot he has. Maybe he just needs "time" or maybe he needs a guy like Santini as hes partner? But Can we wait 2 more seasons for that!!
Nashville played one heck of a game, looks like a Well build team for now and the future. They Can say a Big thankyou to Washington.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gelinas needs to go, he is lost in the D-zone. Cant have that, no matter What kind of shot he has. Maybe he just needs "time" or maybe he needs a guy like Santini as hes partner? But Can we wait 2 more seasons for that!!
Nashville played one heck of a game, looks like a Well build team for now and the future. They Can say a Big thankyou to Washington.

We get shutout if not for Gelinas.

Better than that abomination Fraser.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
But does Nashville score to 1-0 if gelinas clear the puck or stay in front of the net? Its not because of this one or two times, the kid cant Seem to put it together in the d zone. You Saw the move Forsberg did on him Were he looked like David clarkson falling like a drunk dane.?
Im not saying fraser is any better but come on, that play on the first goal Was like watching pee wee hockey. I know hes d partner is P. Harold but we need to give the kids on d a prober d partner so the Can learn and develop the right Way.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't care how bad Gelinas is in his own zone. If the choice is between him or Fraser? Gelinas all day.

Or if we are at the point where we are sure he will never become a good d-man, and we can not play him any longer on D, then play him at fwd.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think Lou is just there now to get a better idea of what he has. I'm sure he can now see he doesn't have much. There's no fooling other teams either, its not like there are any real valuable pieces here where a trade could help speed up this rebuild. Devils really need to do well in this draft. Devils probably need McDavid more than any other team, but its obviously a long shot. Edmonton is at least filled with some young talent. There just isn't enough structure/consistency there. That's something the Devils still maintain despite losing. You rarely see the Devils getting blown out in games. They are mostly right there till the end.

But that has only been because of the goal tending which has been excellent. But we are getting horribly outplayed in these games. Much worse then what some of these scores indicate.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
:)
But does Nashville score to 1-0 if gelinas clear the puck or stay in front of the net? Its not because of this one or two times, the kid cant Seem to put it together in the d zone. You Saw the move Forsberg did on him Were he looked like David clarkson falling like a drunk dane.?
Im not saying fraser is any better but come on, that play on the first goal Was like watching pee wee hockey. I know hes d partner is P. Harold but we need to give the kids on d a prober d partner so the Can learn and develop the right Way.

Again, blame Gelly for the first goal when it was Havlat who missed the check on the player who had the puck. The way I see it the defenses is being thrown under the bus by the fowards who are constantly coughing up the puck, are unable to skate or pass it out of their zone.? Of course defense makes mistakes, just saying it's not always their fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad