Post-Game Talk: Devils Lose Again, Cory's Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sorry Dano, this was not a good point.

1.) at this point they need two points out of games not 1.

2.) they had a third period lead.

It might have been a okay point if it was KK in net, but another chance to get the gorilla off of Cory goes by the wayside. Not to mention our lovely 0-6 extra time record this year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We went with Palmieri, who scored twice in regulation, and Hall, our best player in the shootout. If you want to get on Hynes for OT, that's fine. I don't think we really have a plan for OT.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Let's be fair - he kept the team in it in OT. At least a couple huge saves.

Also, he got beat 2 times tonight imo in regulation. His idiot teammates put three in on their own (and screened him on another). He's also been terrible in the shootout since forever, that's nothing new.

Lets be fair, we wouldn't have been in OT if Schneider wasnt leaking f***ing goals.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Whoopee doo he actually did his job for a few minutes. I'm not trying to be Bleed but I'm tired of the excuses...WIN ONE!
I don't disagree - it's always something with this team and with Cory.

But I really don't think you can blame Cory for this one. Plenty of others where he's looked like shit but not tonight.

I hope everyone angles their anger at our incompetent captain. He SHOULD be in the press box tomorrow but Hynes doesn't have the f***ing stones to pull that maneuver.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
0-4 on breakaways but we score 3 own goals.

This is the one of the most telling storylines of this game, i would say.

This team could have put this game to bed a long time before OT. Gotten Cory a win, and they shit the bed. We're even lucky that Mojo saved their asses again........

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Bad teams find ways to lose games like this. It is what it is. Cant even really be mad at this point. You’d just like to see them stop shooting them selves in the foot so much.

Reactions: liquid1988

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Everyone likes to **** on Cory but I feel bad for him after this one. Cry about Hynes all you want but what a **** show in our own end. We scored 5 ****ing goals and send 3 into our net by ourselves.

I still can't believe Greene batted the puck down and into the net. Who the hell faces and swings TOWARDS the ****ing net to bat a puck away? Just insanity.

This is the same guy who makes stupid plays when he has time on his hands. and shoots endlessly into the crest of goalies, shin pads of forecheckers, or shoots massively wide when he has better options.

Reactions: mtnet

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Let's be fair - he kept the team in it in OT. At least a couple huge saves.

Also, he got beat 2 times tonight imo in regulation. His idiot teammates put three in on their own (and screened him on another). He's also been terrible in the shootout since forever, that's nothing new.

He only gave up two goals he should have stopped! Tonight was a extreme example of bad luck goals, but is always why giving multiple of “could have stopped” variety is bad in itself. For a good goalie that needs to be limited to 1 or 0 per game.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What makes him think Vatanen has been one of our better defenseman? Was solid last year. Really messy performance by him this year

He just can't handle these major minutes. If he was being played like a 4/5, which he is on most teams in the league, he would be very good.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't disagree - it's always something with this team and with Cory.

But I really don't think you can blame Cory for this one. Plenty of others where he's looked like **** but not tonight.

I hope everyone angles their anger at our incompetent captain. He SHOULD be in the press box tomorrow but Hynes doesn't have the ****ing stones to pull that maneuver.

No he's not going to because that move never works. It was the beginning of the end of Lemaire here when he tried doing it to Langenbrunner.

And I'm all for making Greene skate suicides, but can we demote him first before scratching him? That would be bold enough since it's not like we're loaded with great options. Mueller who's been struggling since he started getting scratched, Butcher who can't play above third pairing and Yak are our other options.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Hynes will be the coach for the forseeable future because Hall loves him.

Gotta keep the superstar happy. Plus it wouldnt be healthy to the culture to do another coaching change.

But man, Hynes is trash. I dont get how people talk him up when he's just mediocre at best

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schneider is making how much this calendar year? 6 Million?

What are we paying him? Like 2 million for each point he's gotten us?

I sure know it's not for any of the wins he's grabbed in 2018
I mean, we can say he wasn't a problem in this game and he really didn't have a chance on the 3rd period goals, but once again there were two weak goals in the first period. He's allowed 26 goals this year and 11 have of them been stoppable at the very best. That's over 40% of the goals he's allowing! If he had stopped 6 or 7 of those 11 weak goals, he'd probably at least be respectable right now.

Of course not every goal he allows is a bad one, most goalies are gonna scored on, on MOST nights, but too many of them are. Even after this game, he's an .863% goalie in 6 starts and 8 games played. And I'm pretty sure he's an .860-something goalie in the regular season since December 29th of last year. That's what, 18 starts and maybe a couple relief appearances? Even with his excellent playoff series, I'm not sure he's above .900% since then.

If the only goals he allowed in this game where the weird and unlucky own goals, we won this! We're talking about 2 in a row right now. The team scored 5 goals into the Anaheim nets, the team played a pretty decent game (until OT started) and we only get a point out of it. He's gotta be bought out at the end of the season. We're actually championing him in a game where he allows 5 goals, just because 3 of them were scored by our own team, but the other 2 goals that came off Anaheim sticks were very savable.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It might have been a okay point if it was KK in net, but another chance to get the gorilla off of Cory goes by the wayside. Not to mention our lovely 0-6 extra time record this year.

At this point of the season if you have a lead with less than 30 minutes to play you have to get two points.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Everyone likes to **** on Cory but I feel bad for him after this one. Cry about Hynes all you want but what a **** show in our own end. We scored 5 ****ing goals and send 3 into our net by ourselves.

I still can't believe Greene batted the puck down and into the net. Who the hell faces and swings TOWARDS the ****ing net to bat a puck away? Just insanity.

The Lovejoy tip had me pissed enough but Greene batting the puck toward our net really was infuriating

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
We went with Palmieri, who scored twice in regulation, and Hall, our best player in the shootout. If you want to get on Hynes for OT, that's fine. I don't think we really have a plan for OT.

Palmieri has a great slapshot and one timer. A slapper, not shot by Chara, generally don't work in a shootout

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Vatanen was also horse**** in that OT.

People really haven't gotten on him enough this year. Just not performing at all

He was playing almost every other shift in OT. I can rag on him for the strategy of playing chicken behind the net too long in OT, yes, but that maybe a coaching strategy.

Outside of that in OT, he is far to blame on defense right now. He's playing average to his best, but there are like 2 defenders in front of him you can point the finger to before him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Gotta keep the superstar happy. Plus it wouldnt be healthy to the culture to do another coaching change.

But man, Hynes is trash. I dont get how people talk him up when he's just mediocre at best
Part of what's making him look bad is the goaltending, so he gets a pass from me for that.

He is mediocre though.

And I really think it's that jackass Kowalsky that runs the 3 on 3.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
0-15-3 is beyond excuses. he needs to have more than one game where one goal is beyond reproach. he's getting paid more than most of us will make in a lifetime to lose. win a game.

Reactions: Bleedred

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

This team is terribad and it starts with coaching.
Nothing is going to change until some or all of the coaching staff is thrown into a meat grinder

Correct.

1) The defense is a mess with no structure, and there's no accountability for mistakes. Worse? It seems all Hynes cares about from his defense is scoring, hence why Severson can have a terrible game and not get benched, or why Yak is playing right now.

2) The PowerPlay is a mess with no structure. The "pass is back" thing is killing their own PP and the other team knows it's coming. They kill roughly 50% of their own PP clock.

3) The OT offense is a mess with no structure. It's genuinely chaotic, and basically an individual free-for-all like open hockey sessions at your local rink.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Hall has literally never played for a good coach! His opinion on the matter should count for 0 because of a situation arose where he subsequently played for a better coach his opinion about Hynes would likely change. He doesn’t know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad