Post-Game Talk: Devils Lose Again, Cory's Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Schneider stopped 33 of 35 Anaheim shots tonight. A bunch of big OT saves.

It’s ridiculous that the Devils appear to have no plan on how to approach OT.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cory was great in OT, then reverted into shootout Cam Ward or Luongo, who can't stop a ****in beachball.

And what does Hynes do? In the one game he has a chance to win with this guy, who he can't afford to play usually, he makes DUMB shootout decisions.

****in stupid as ****. No Bratt in the shootout? I think that Hynes is the poster who was going on about Bratt's conditioning this past offseason.

I assumed Bratt was going to be third but yeah Hynes must have forgotten his shootout lineup and just went by rote.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
There's just no enjoyment in watching this team right now. Whatever the score is late you know they're almost certainly going to find a way to blow it.

I'm just numb. Can't care about the games, even when they score. I cheer for our young guys putting up points and that's it.

It sucks.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Greene is f***ing garbage. Buy him out now. Send lovejoy into the AHL and burry him there.

Buy out Schneider, and f***ing fire Hynes and this pathetic staff already.

Oilers got a new coach and they've been 6-2-1 since

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Eh it's pretty ****ing sad that we're treating it like some moral victory Cory 'only' gave up five goals and two in the shootout. Is this really what it's come to now? He didn't make enough stops, period. I'd have more sympathy for him if it was the Carolina game redux. Yes the three own goals sucked but he would have found a way to lose, he always does.

Let's be fair - he kept the team in it in OT. At least a couple huge saves.

Also, he got beat 2 times tonight imo in regulation. His idiot teammates put three in on their own (and screened him on another). He's also been terrible in the shootout since forever, that's nothing new.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
To all the, "got a point" crowd, where the Devils are in the standings right now, 1 point games literally hurt, not help, their statistical chances of making the playoffs.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Zacha better be in the press box tomorrow. His lackadaisical trash play isn’t going to cut it. He was horrible tonight which is pretty f***ing impressive when your team scores 3 goals on itself. We’d be in so much better shape if he even lived up to half of what you expect from his draft position. So much to be upset about with this team but he’s a major downer.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Eh it's pretty ****ing sad that we're treating it like some moral victory Cory 'only' gave up five goals and two in the shootout. Is this really what it's come to now? He didn't make enough stops. I'd have more sympathy for him if it was the Carolina game redux. Yes the three own goals sucked but he would have found a way to lose, he always does.

Maybe it is sad, but a win is a win at this rate, if this team is gonna climb out of the cellar of any sorts.

I'd like to see a win even if the goalie gave up a softy and the defense scored 3 own goals. Cory shouldn't really be the target of this one, IMO. Greene, Lovejoy, coaching the OT to fail (and the SO to fail). Really pissed off at the veterans on defense tonight. Vats is 50/50 so i can say he can be better, but he wasn't as bad as the other vets tonight.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
What makes him think Vatanen has been one of our better defenseman? Was solid last year. Really messy performance by him this year

Reactions: liquid1988

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Let's be fair - he kept the team in it in OT. At least a couple huge saves.

Also, he got beat 2 times tonight imo in regulation. His idiot teammates put three in on their own (and screened him on another). He's also been terrible in the shootout since forever, that's nothing new.

Whoopee doo he actually did his job for a few minutes. I'm not trying to be Bleed but I'm tired of the excuses...WIN ONE!

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Everyone likes to shit on Cory but I feel bad for him after this one. Cry about Hynes all you want but what a shit show in our own end. We scored 5 f***ing goals and send 3 into our net by ourselves.

I still can't believe Greene batted the puck down and into the net. Who the hell faces and swings TOWARDS the f***ing net to bat a puck away? Just insanity.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
This team needs a whole lot of help - but I don't expect Shero to address the media before Christmas so who knows what he's thinking.

Really starting to turn on Shero.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If there’s ever a game to not rag on Cory, it’s this one.

We get it, he makes 6 million bucks and hasn’t been delivering.

****ing shut up already

Psychologically frail people who wish to blame everything on 1 person, thereby "tricking" themselves into believe their beloved team isnt terrible, it's just this 1 person screwing everything up.

If Freud were a hockey fan, he'd have come up with a term for it.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
cory had plenty of chances to win tonight despite bad luck. he simply doesn't make his own luck anymore. team has ZERO confidence when he starts.

Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd like to McLeod and Spears in the lineup now honestly.

We will probably get Stafford in for Zacha and Mueller in for Yak/Butcher.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad