Dreger: Devils looking for a 2nd for Johansson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
That won't change a thing in regards to him being traded today. Getting a stick in the nuts isn't fun at all but it won't put him on the shelf for weeks either.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We get it, Shero got a 2022 5th round pick for a goaltender that has probably the worst stats among the 50 active goalies in the league... it doesn't mean we're going to get picks a decade from now for solid players.

We got a 3rd for Brian freaking Boyle, so does that mean that we'll be getting a top #10 pick for MoJo?

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
We get it, Shero got a 2022 5th round pick for a goaltender that has probably the worst stats among the 50 active goalies in the league... it doesn't mean we're going to get picks a decade from now for solid players.

We got a 3rd for Brian freaking Boyle, so does that mean that we'll be getting a top #10 pick for MoJo?
We got a 2nd for Boyle.

mort4345

Jun 22, 2017
A few days ago I was secretly hoping that MoJo would fetch a late first. Now I'm just holding out hope for a 2nd (or a 2nd and a 3rd if I want to be somewhat more hopeful). But I think if Shero doesn't get a 2nd (or some equivalent asset), he won't move him at all.

Reactions: Smitty426

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
A few days ago I was secretly hoping that MoJo would fetch a late first. Now I'm just holding out hope for a 2nd (or a 2nd and a 3rd if I want to be somewhat more hopeful). But I think if Shero doesn't get a 2nd (or some equivalent asset), he won't move him at all.

That’s not how rebuilding teams operate. All expiring contracts must go.

Shero just moved Kinkaid for a late round draft pick that won’t be relevant until 2024 presidential hopefuls are announcing their candidacies. Think about that.

He will try to get the most he can, but he’ll certainly move Johansson even if the return sucks.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Hudon+3rd, make the pick become a 2nd if we resign MoJo.

Hudon is worthless in terms of his current value. He's been scratched left and right by Julien.

He's not a scrub but the Devils can get a much better deal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad