GDT: Devils @ Lightning - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
He watched closely for shot assists. Do you think this is convincing of something?

I don't take anyone who looks at something like that serious, at all. Not even in the slightest. Like, it's a joke. Sorry bud.

Yeah, it's showing who was generating offense for the team. I know you don't take anyone like that serious, they're trying to learn something about the team they watch.

Reactions: glenwo2

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If I have to watch Pavel Zacha as a New Jersey Devil beyond this trade deadline, I'm going to David Foster Wallace myself.

I just got here after missing the game, and I see the board is having a normal one as usual.

(Not picking on you, I'm frustrated too. Also nice reference.)

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I just got here after missing the game, and I see the board is having a normal one as usual.

(Not picking on you, I'm frustrated too. Also nice reference.)
Zacha's an anchor and he disappears 95% of the game (and that may be light). Watching him causes me infinite jest.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, it's showing who was generating offense for the team. I know you don't take anyone like that serious, they're trying to learn something about the team they watch.
What new great insight that we wouldn't already have are we gleaning from looking at shot assists?
Zacha is a soft, enigmatic, middle six forward who is incapable of consistently generating offense. Well thank goodness someone is tracking his shot assists, I would have never noticed otherwise!

I bet he'll have some game next week where his shot assists totals are really high and some Zacha fanboy will use it to justify why he's actually better than he looks. lol

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
He watched closely for shot assists. Do you think this is convincing of something?

I don't take anyone who looks at something like that serious, at all. Not even in the slightest. Like, it's a joke. Sorry bud.
Every single one of your posts is just some annoying complaint. I’m not sure why you’re watching to begin with, let alone going on a forum to discuss something that obviously brings you no joy.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Every single one of your posts is just some annoying complaint. I’m not sure why you’re watching to begin with, let alone going on a forum to discuss something that obviously brings you no joy.

I am so bloated. I know I shouldn’t eat all those prunes but I can’t help myself. And don’t get me started on the ingrown toenails.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Because even for me there's always some small glimmer of hope, or the chance that there will be some positive development that I don't want to miss. Or maybe today is that one game out of three where they actually win - and I like seeing the NJ Devils win. So yeah, I'm a fan and so long as there's SOME chance the team plays a decent game, I'm going to want to watch.

The occasional wins let me forget about the big picture shitfest. The frequent shitty play and losses do the opposite. I come here to catch up on various aspects of the team and what others think. I post to vent and I also like to offer up viewpoints that might not fall into the consensus.

I understand folks like you would prefer that every single person here spin everything super positive despite what we see with our eyes day in day out, year in year out. I'm sorry that not everyone is like that.

Reactions: Bosskarelli

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Missed the game but from the highlights it didn’t look too bad. Jack scored and looked like he was driving the O.

3-2 road loss to Tampa seems the best I could have expected.

Did I miss something crazy like Kuokk or Zacha showing up?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
While I do poke fun at shot assists I don't get why some people get bent out of shape over them. It's just another way to look at who is generally helping create shots, which last time I checked are kind of important to generate to score goals. I don't think anybody is dying on the "shot assists tell the whole story" hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad