GDT: Devils @ Jets - Tuesday 8pm: Very Return, Such Overdue Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they are gonna sell off they'd better do it this year, they have a lot of expendable pieces they could get something back for - Jagr, Ryder, Zidlicky - shoot, even Sal if he's 'healthy' and you could fool someone else into paying for leadership.

You can't sell now though. Even Buffalo isn't selling yet (they could get something for Moulson).

Might as well attempt to compete, but this isn't competing if the coach thinks getting out shot and out worked like this is acceptable.

Jaysfanatic*

You can't sell now though. Even Buffalo isn't selling yet (they could get something for Moulson).

Might as well attempt to compete, but this isn't competing if the coach thinks getting out shot and out worked like this is acceptable.

Why in the heck would the Sabres trade Moulson one year into a five year 25M dollar pact?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That would be my first try, and we know that's usually Lou's go to move but I understand he was trying to stop the coaching carousel. It's just not the right coach moving forward.

Hitting the 20 games mark, so something needs to change.

The numbers should say it all. PK is still last in the league and the PP is falling down the well. We went from one of the best possession teams in the league to one of the worst with almost zero roster turnover, and nothing seems to be done to fix it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Obviously there won't be real trades till February but if we're on the outside looking in again Lou HAS to consider selling off, even if only a couple of points back. It makes too much sense not to with all the disposable assets he has and the picks they could get for them. It's not like our farm is so stacked where they don't need the picks.

Why in the heck would the Sabres trade Moulson one year into a five year 25M dollar pact?

That would be a Paul Holmgren-type move lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm really disgusted that Pete and the players seem to think this was an acceptable effort.

Talk about accepting mediocrity.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I'm really disgusted that Pete and the players seem to think this was an acceptable effort.

Talk about accepting mediocrity.

they're ok with "having a shot late in the game"

wtf is the crap, you shouldnt be ok with just having a shot against the f***ing Jets

Semak

Hitting the 20 games mark, so something needs to change.

The numbers should say it all. PK is still last in the league and the PP is falling down the well. We went from one of the best possession teams in the league to one of the worst with almost zero roster turnover, and nothing seems to be done to fix it.

Good point. If Lou is Lou, he's doing his evals and hopefully packing Pete's bags.

And the thing is, I don't dislike Pete, this is just not the team for him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Good point. If Lou is Lou, he's doing his evals and hopefully packing Pete's bags.

And the thing is, I don't dislike Pete, this is just not the team for him.

It isn't anymore. Nothing against him either, but when the team can't even do the things his system is supposed to be good at then something needs to change.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
this team needs a coach that doesn't take ****. Someone like torts personality but not as bad. None of this its early in the season bs. The pats on the back and the you will get them next time needs to stops. Theres no accountability at all. I gurantee Lemaire would have bag skated these *******s 3 games into this slide. They need a stern coach non of this soft puppy **** mentality

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
PeteDoge_zps79ba5da4.jpg

Do you know where I can find the original version on this picture, it's great hahah

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It isn't anymore. Nothing against him either, but when the team can't even do the things his system is supposed to be good at then something needs to change.

And when we look at Pete's lone good season in his career, the team's success was based upon speedy fwd's and heavy forechecking. This team's forecheck is nonexistant, and we have favored slower grinders over speedy fwd's since the run.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 19m19 minutes ago
Cammalleri: "We need to get to a point here where we start rolling. That’s got to happen here soon.”

The Devils on a roll? Under Deboer? Think again, Mike.

johnnynucleo

SleepyBeepy
Aug 29, 2011
Do you know where I can find the original version on this picture, it's great hahah

Jets fan here. Was at the game. Not a great effort by either team but to be honest, I expected more effort from the Devils. They were sleep walking in the first, Ive never seen anything like it. I say this with no direspect cause I think you got a decent team

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

We actually executed the system A LOT better last year. There possession numbers this season are way down and it's the same forwards as last year, with Cammalleri and Havlat added in. That's the bizarre thing about it. On paper, were better than last years team and yet the system has gone down the toilet.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
We actually executed the system A LOT better last year. There possession numbers this season are way down and it's the same forwards as last year, with Cammalleri and Havlat added in. That's the bizarre thing about it. On paper, were better than last years team and yet the system has gone down the toilet.

Well at least we won't have those Corsi numbers thrown in our faces.

The Devils defy Corsi every season!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And when we look at Pete's lone good season in his career, the team's success was based upon speedy fwd's and heavy forechecking. This team's forecheck is nonexistant, and we have favored slower grinders over speedy fwd's since the run.

Even that good season was more like half a very good season plus playoffs cause the first half of '11-12 they were just as mediocre as they've been since, only the shootout kept us afloat early ironically enough.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even that good season was more like half a very good season plus playoffs cause the first half of '11-12 they were just as mediocre as they've been since, only the shootout kept us afloat early ironically enough.

I could have easily saw us missing the playoffs in 2013, even if we had re signed Zach and had a healthy Kovalchuk.

There were many times that we didn't even look like a playoff team in 11-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad