GDT: Devils @ Jets - Oct 13 "No Effort Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets playing like they can!

Schieff's acceleration is awful, in fact I really don't think he skates we'll enough for the NHL!

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
Do you guys think players that come from the NCAA have an easier time adjusting to the NHL then players who come out straight from junior?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Do you guys think players that come from the NCAA have an easier time adjusting to the NHL then players who come out straight from junior?

Truly depends on the player, Seth Jones is getting more ice time than Trouba, what's your point?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets need to hire a skating coach like the leafs have. Would do him wonders.

You can't coach speed, either your a naturally gifted skater or your not, schief's slowness will hamper any career in the NHL he may have. Pretty tough to make plays when your consistently chasing and trailing the play.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
You guys think Scheifele will be sent down to the AHL? I think that will benefit him. Him on the fourth line isnt going to help his development much...

He was out there for a few shifts on the 4th. Right afterwards, he was given 2nd PP time. I think he'll be fine - he seems to be getting more comfortable with the speed.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
You can't coach speed, either your a naturally gifted skater or your not, schief's slowness will hamper any career in the NHL he may have. Pretty tough to make plays when your consistently chasing and trailing the play.

Well.. skating is like a golf swing. If your technique isn't good you won't hit it very far. With impoved technique, your results will vary

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Speed != acceleration. His speed is fine, acceleration still needs work.

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
Truly depends on the player, Seth Jones is getting more ice time than Trouba, what's your point?

Just wondering, seeing how well players recently have done coming from the NCAA like Schultz, Trouba and obviously are very own Toews. Of course there are tons of players coming from junior that do phenomenal but I was curious if more and more players will start going to the NCAA.

TJ Brodie is getting more ice time then both of them. So what's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad