GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM - ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
I always wanted an STI after my brother had a manual Impreza when I was in middle school. However, I really didn't want to get another small car and expected to have kids on the near future. I ended up buying a 2017 Subaru Forester XT.

It's not same but it is a lot of fun when you turn on it to sport mode. Absolutely love it. Unfortunately they no longer make the XT.
They‘re no fun. All the pills you have to take after getting one. Didn’t your brother warn you?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Old guy in Corvette syndrome?
No. I would get a Porsche if I really went that route. I've always enjoyed cars and have driven BMWs and a WRX and an Audi Quattro and a Toyota MR2 Spyder over the years. I'm not some old guy that just discovered he's old and needs a car to make him feel better about himself. I may get a VW Golf R next. I got my son a GTI and my wife put me in it since she thinks the Audi SUV is safer (which I'm sure it is). The GTI is quick and handles well with the limited slip diff in the front but the R has about 300 hp and an AWD system but looks more or less like any other Golf. My buddy got a Boxster. I'd consider a Cayman but I'm reluctant to get a true two seater again until my youngest goes off to college. I'm paying insurance on five cars and don't relish the idea of paying insurance on a Porsche with a teenaged male driver in the house.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
No. I would get a Porsche if I really went that route. I've always enjoyed cars and have driven BMWs and a WRX and an Audi Quattro and a Toyota MR2 Spyder over the years. I'm not some old guy that just discovered he's old and needs a car to make him feel better about himself. I may get a VW Golf R next. I got my son a GTI and my wife put me in it since she thinks the Audi SUV is safer (which I'm sure it is). The GTI is quick and handles well with the limited slip diff in the front but the R has about 300 hp and an AWD system but looks more or less like any other Golf. My buddy got a Boxster. I'd consider a Cayman but I'm reluctant to get a true two seater again until my youngest goes off to college. I'm paying insurance on five cars and don't relish the idea of paying insurance on a Porsche with a teenaged male driver in the house.

I was going to say Porsche at first, but I corrected it (wrongly) to corvette -- interesting!

Haha. (I believe you). Fast cars and teenage drivers are kind of a problem, usually.

Reactions: My3Sons

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Too bad for Holtz but I bet he gets back in next game.
Once again, I just cannot comprehend why he's not playing. Ruff is absolutely failing right now with how he is misusing him. I don't even like Holtz and this is painful to watch. He deserves to be in the lineup night in and night out and absolutely deserves a shot to play with Jack.

Reactions: longislanddevil

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY
I love Porsches, but can't justify spending that much on a beautiful car in upstate NY and only get to drive it a few months out of the year. I rented a 911 Carrera on Turo when I was in Vegas last and it was well worth the couple hundred bucks to drive that thing around the desert for a day.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
911 cabriolet!

My3Sons

Sponsor
I love Porsches, but can't justify spending that much on a beautiful car in upstate NY and only get to drive it a few months out of the year. I rented a 911 Carrera on Turo when I was in Vegas last and it was well worth the couple hundred bucks to drive that thing around the desert for a day.
The reality is an electric car will give you more speed than a conventional sports car. The issue is they don't have real choices in aftermarket suspsensions yet for the electric cars from what I'm seeing. My step father's Tesla goes 0-60 in about 3 seconds like a Ferrari. Most Porsches are probably 4.5 seconds until you really go into upper crusty models. I've generally preferred light great handling cars to fast cars. My favorite cars that I've owned are the BMW 318ti sport and the Toyota MR2 Spyder. Both light and well balanced. I'd get another Spyder tomorrow if I could find one with less than 50k miles on it from model years 2003-2005 with a manual transmission. Maybe I'd put in the engine from the same year Celica GTS that got 190 horsepower but the one guy I know who did that said the front of the car would lift a bit when he accelerated.

Reactions: BringBackTheRats

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
so on ESPN+ they had a nice little vignette about the devils and they showed the hard times and losing and whatnot and one of the cuts they showed was nico on the bench in his "I'm about to die yet still breathing" mode and I was like uhh I'm pretty sure that's just after a long shift guys. thought it was pretty funny

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can’t believe they’re actually playing Vanecek.

Every time I think I have their rotation figured out something like this happens or you get Blackwood randomly last time against Carolina before the back to back. Although this is a very pleasant surprise this time.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Speaking of cars, I feel like Jack Hughes is the 911 Turbo S of this lineup. In the video below (timestamped at 17:06), the passenger reacts to the acceleration of the car the same way a Rangers fan reacts to Jack Hughes tearing up their team.

My3Sons

Sponsor
911 cabriolet!
the issue with any sport convertible is the extra bracing and support added to stiffen the chassis and meet the safety requirements. I had a convertible M3. You felt the extra weight at times when making a sharp turn. I learned my lesson and that's why I'd go for the Cayman over the Boxster if I indulged myself.

Reactions: BringBackTheRats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad