LeBrun: Devils have made 8 year offer to Jesper Bratt - Meier next on Devils agenda

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Can’t see NJ going Bratt over Meier if they had to make that choice . Meier brings a must needed style of game . Bratt is mayyybe more productive but is another small perimeter player . The only small reason NJ might lean slightly toward Bratt than Meier is because Bratt was their draft pick and developed by them . However , I don’t think that should count as an advantage for Bratt .
Meier is one of few that can drive the net , forecheck hard , throw hits , stand in front of the net . Devils need more of that not less.
Makes sense, I buy that logic. I guess my main point was - one or the other. Trying to squeeze both right now will cause regrets.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Wow, having read through this thread, I’m not sure what is a worse take. That Bratt was somehow decent in the playoffs and just simply snakebitten (he wasn’t, he was completely ineffective and borderline invisible) or that Meier was somehow soft (he wasn’t.) Also, if anyone was snakebitten with regards to scoring it was Meier with Nico a close second. Shesterkin robbed both of them point blank numerous times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad