GDT: DEVILS (GOOD GUYS) VS RANGERS (BADGUYS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh, I'm as optimistic as they come! I 100% agree with his post!

Also, can't argue with that! Daws makes me feel way more comfortable, I hope he plays Sunday.

Daws having potential is good news, though I am high on him, I prefer he begins as Utica's starter next year.

We need to get a steady goalie to play next to a hopefully healthy Blackwood next year

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Anyone who didn't like that game sucks.

Couldn't be prouder of this team from top to bottom.

I hate the f***ing rangers. Lots of learning to do, lots of growing up. I'm totally enamored with just about everybody's game.

Graves is a man.
Siegs is nails.
Nico will be a horse.
Hughes is a superstar.
Loved Sharas game.
Loved Mercers game.
Loved Dawes game.
Absolutely loved McLeod's game.
Liked vesey and Bastian.
Liked how Subban handled himself.

Playoff game.

This is the first legitimate glimmer of hope in 40 games.

I'm not talking about putting up 7 against rookie goaltenders.

This was a game in which a team grows up and sees what is necessary to win in this league.

f*** the Rangers. f*** them on their f***ing asses. We. Are. Coming. up.

Made me cry. Awesome post.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I will keep saying it, but Miles Wood would do a ton for this team. Bring that jam to the third line and score too.

He is really missed. I am either later this year or next year Zetterlund gets a real look. Kid plays with some jam

A healthy Wood on the 3rd line makes a huge difference. Zetterlund plays with snarl, too and isn’t scared of going to the net. I feel adding these two to the lineup makes a huge difference in that regard. But, also am pretty sure Fitzgerald will be going hard after more jam on the trade market and/or free agency. The core is here and just need to build around it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They didn't do a better job of rebuilding. They got 2 franchise level players for free and they wanted to come to NY. Any team could have success doing that.

Take Fox and Panarin off that team and without Shesterkin (who I acknowledged), they are bottom 5 team easily still.

They don't even play that much better then us, if at all, at 5 on 5. Almost all of their success is on Igor this year with Bread and their PP coming in second.

70% of the difference is they have Igor who will win the Vezina, with free guys like Bread and Fox (though we shouldn't bitch too much because we got Dougie to sign here), while we have been marching a parade of broken and AHL goalies out there with a PP that is run poorly.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
They don't even play that much better then us, if at all, at 5 on 5. Almost all of their success is on Igor this year with Bread and their PP coming in second.

70% of the difference is they have Igor who will win the Vezina, with free guys like Bread and Fox (though we shouldn't bitch too much because we got Dougie to sign here), while we have been marching a parade of broken and AHL goalies out there with a PP that is run poorly.
Might even win the Hart to be honest. He's been that good.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Anyone who didn't like that game sucks.

Couldn't be prouder of this team from top to bottom.

I hate the f***ing rangers. Lots of learning to do, lots of growing up. I'm totally enamored with just about everybody's game.

Graves is a man.
Siegs is nails.
Nico will be a horse.
Hughes is a superstar.
Loved Sharas game.
Loved Mercers game.
Loved Dawes game.
Absolutely loved McLeod's game.
Liked vesey and Bastian.
Liked how Subban handled himself.

Playoff game.

This is the first legitimate glimmer of hope in 40 games.

I'm not talking about putting up 7 against rookie goaltenders.

This was a game in which a team grows up and sees what is necessary to win in this league.

f*** the Rangers. f*** them on their f***ing asses. We. Are. Coming. up.

Agree 100%. You can see the vision that Fitz has I believe.

Some great pieces coming up as well.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
k'andre miller thought of the night…..(and f*** grabner)

2018-02-22Devils• Michael Grabner• Yegor Rykov
2018 second round pick (#48-Jonathan Tychonick)
trade with Rangers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-06-22Rangers• 2018 first round pick (#22-K'Andre Miller)• 2018 first round pick (#26-Jacob Bernard-Docker)
trade with Senators
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

///

2018-07-01Devils• Michael Grabnerplayer became an unrestricted free agent
2018-07-01Coyotes• Michael Grabnersigned unrestricted free agent to a 3-year, $10.5M contract
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

///

waste of a trade for someone elses trash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I will keep saying it, but Miles Wood would do a ton for this team. Bring that jam to the third line and score too.

He is really missed. I am either later this year or next year Zetterlund gets a real look. Kid plays with some jam

I would try to get draft picks for Tatar and Johnsson and give the kids like Zetterlund and Thompson a taste now. Holtz is the guy I keep in the AHL -- let him continue to dominate down there and hone his 200-foot game, then start him fresh in camp next year like Mercer this year.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
k'andre miller thought of the night…..(and f*** grabner)

2018-02-22Devils• Michael Grabner• Yegor Rykov
trade with Rangers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-06-22Rangers• 2018 first round pick (#22-K'Andre Miller)• 2018 first round pick (#26-Jacob Bernard-Docker)
trade with Senators
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yes, in retrospect the Devils probably should have taken Miller with that #17 overall pick in 2018.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yes, in retrospect the Devils probably should have taken Miller with that #17 overall pick in 2018.

im not pining for miller by no means…..its a just a pisser that the first ever trade with the rangers was

1. pointless

2. got the team a trojan horse it feels like

and they use the asset to upgrade

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They didn't do a better job of rebuilding. They got 2 franchise level players for free and they wanted to come to NY. Any team could have success doing that.

Take Fox and Panarin off that team and without Shesterkin (who I acknowledged), they are bottom 5 team easily still.

Brilliant take. Take 3 elite players off the team and they would be way worse. Who would have thought? Why stop there? Take Mika and Kreider off as well and they would win the lottery.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This is actually it. Why do you think I call our Yegor, Yegor? I am not spelling that.

Muk is going to need a nickname too. Not spelling his last name out

I'm looking forward to Steve and Dano trying to pronounce his name.:laugh:

Cangi might need to borrow a Docism and refer to him as "the big defenseman from Russia" like Doc always referred to Colin White as "the big defenseman from Nova Scotia".

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This was total cringe and an absolute jinx before the game tonight (especially with Bratt stuck in the wilderness trying to find his way back to civilization along with Jack, from what we witnessed) :

How about Devils Twitter wait until AFTER the game to make tweets like this? :confused::confused::confused:

It made Devils Twitter look dumb now.

I'm sure they did it because The Batman premiered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad