GDT: DEVILS (GOOD GUYS) VS RANGERS (BADGUYS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I will probably be the only one in Montgomery, Alabama watching this one.

Vaguely related, coming into town I saw a pickup with Alabama plates, a Red Sox bumper sticker on one side, and a Yankees one on the other side. Probably the only car in America with both. Maybe it was a statement about the duality of man.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Where I live it’s cool to see people wearing Devils gear .When I do see someone wearing it I go up to them and try to talk to them or at least say something in passing about being a Devils fan as well. Surprisingly enough , outside of the usual Flames /Oilers/Canucks/Leafs shit you see all over the place , there are a few Devils fans kicking around.
Whenever I am in the States , I am amazed by the amount of college gear and support you see. It’s crazy. Here in Canada it would be very rare to see someone rocking out that stuff. Largely because our University sports are not that great. University hockey is mostly for players that didn’t make it anywhere and are ex- WHL players or Junior A players . At least here in Alberta . Still very good players but little older and past the prospect stage.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
I will probably be the only one in Montgomery, Alabama watching this one.

Vaguely related, coming into town I saw a pickup with Alabama plates, a Red Sox bumper sticker on one side, and a Yankees one on the other side. Probably the only car in America with both. Maybe it was a statement about the duality of man.

Or a spousal war.

I don't know how couples stay together in a Devils/Rangers family.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Or a spousal war.

I don't know how couples stay together in a Devils/Rangers family.
I don’t know how it even makes it to the point of getting married if the other person was a Rangers fan lol.I’m exaggerating but my ex wife would cheer for the Rangers or other teams just for the sake of cheering against the Devils to try to bug me lol.
My brother on the other hand… he has kicked people our of his house before for cheering against the Devils lol. Honestly gets so upset that he makes people leave. People do it on purpose as they know how it bugs him but he goes a little overboard. I cannot even phone him after a Devils game if the Devils lose. He either won’t answer the phone or he gets so pissed off that you can’t even talk to him.

Last edited:

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I don’t know how it even makes it to the point of getting married if the other person was a Rangers fan lol.I’m exaggerating but my ex wife would cheer for the Rangers or other teams just for the sake of cheering against the Devils to try to bug me lol.
My brother on the other hand… he has kicked people our of his house before for cheering against the Devils lol. Honestly gets so upset that he makes people leave. People do it on purpose as they know how it bugs him but he goes a little overboard. I cannot even phone him after a Devils game if the Devils lose. He either won’t answer the phone or he gets so pissed off that you can’t even talk to him.

Are you my brother?

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
BlushingRichHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Lol. You get that angry ?! I used to but and I still get pissed off if we lose but I’m getting better as I get older.

It's not so bad any more, but I definitely was a moody guy when they'd lose.
Now I'm so accustomed to losing, that I barely even react any more

Edit: I just saw that you're from Alberta too, so maybe you are my brother lol

mdj12784

Sep 19, 2006
Sayreville, N.J
Does anyone else feel anxious/nervous on these game days? I hate losing to them. I hope our offense continues to score and Daws can have his best game yet!

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It's not so bad any more, but I definitely was a moody guy when they'd lose.
Now I'm so accustomed to losing, that I barely even react any more

Edit: I just saw that you're from Alberta too, so maybe you are my brother lol
Lol. Long lost . I’m from Medicine Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad