Devils getting outshot 29-5, 35 mins in

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Shots are currently 29-7 (end of second period), so I'm not sure how they could have ever been 30-5.

Still impressive.

It was 29-5 and i believe they were shortchanged a shot for some reason. Im editing it now.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
I'm gonna assume youre a Bruins fan, I dont think you really have the right to talk since their plan is dump and chase. That is so entertaining.

Actually the Bruins are pretty entertaining, last night's game is a good example of that. I'd take watching a Bruins game over a Devils game any day of the week.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
How can a team that has been so good possession wise the past couple years be so bad this year?

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Schneider should be the #3 star of this game...he is the only reason why this is still a game, despite the Bruins outshooting the Devils 40-10 (at this point).

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
How has Schneider looked this season? Some numbers aren't the greatest but it seems like they get badly outplayed every game and his numbers are pretty outstanding tonight. Is he just a goalie victim of a **** team?

Cory Schneider is probably the most unlucky goalie that I have seen in decades.

1) Gets drafted in 2004 goes to Boston College where he is outstanding

2) Dave Nonis convinces Schneider to sign a contract instead of waiting one more year and becoming a UFA.

3) He comes to Vancouver and is booted down to Manitoba where he toils for 2 years. Puts up great numbers.

4) Finally gets to be back up , and then Luongo signs a 12 year extension.

5) Fights to win the starting job from Luongo, and Lui asks for a trade . Gillis cant trade him due to his idiot contract and desire to go to Florida.

6) Unable to be traded, Luongo and Schneider must share the goal again. Finally a deal is struck between Gillis and Nonis, but the Toronto Gm backs out right after Luongo waives his NTC .

7) Schneider waits for Gillis to trade Luongo at the draft. Gillis calls him up to give him the news. However, Luongo isnt traded. He is. :rant:

8) Schneider goes to NJ and runs into their starting goaltender , the legendary Martin Brodeur.

9) Marty has no intentions of going quietly and fights Schenider for the job much like Luongo did. :help:

10) Finally Marty leaves and Cory has his starting job and new contract at last ! Only took him until age 28 :handclap:

11) Bolstered by his new status, Schneider takes to his craft. Unfortunately, the rest of the Devils are old and suck and have no hope of going anywhere. The Devils need to rebuild.

:banghead:

You cant make this stuff up folks. :cry:

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
They just dont want the B's to get a higher draft pick than them... Classless

They just know that back to back wins will make management think everything is alright and blown assets on a Chris Stewart to put them over the top. Lou is playing the long con.

Mad Brills*

Cory Schneider is probably the most unlucky goalie that I have seen in decades.

1) Gets drafted in 2004 goes to Boston College where he is outstanding

2) Dave Nonis convinces Schneider to sign a contract instead of waiting one more year and becoming a UFA.

3) He comes to Vancouver and is booted down to Manitoba where he toils for 2 years. Puts up great numbers.

4) Finally gets to be back up , and then Luongo signs a 12 year extension.

5) Fights to win the starting job from Luongo, and Lui asks for a trade . Gillis cant trade him due to his idiot contract and desire to go to Florida.

6) Unable to be traded, Luongo and Schneider must share the goal again. Finally a deal is struck between Gillis and Nonis, but the Toronto Gm backs out right after Luongo waives his NTC .

7) Schneider waits for Gillis to trade Luongo at the draft. Gillis calls him up to give him the news. However, Luongo isnt traded. He is. :rant:

8) Schneider goes to NJ and runs into their starting goaltender , the legendary Martin Brodeur.

9) Marty has no intentions of going quietly and fights Schenider for the job much like Luongo did. :help:

10) Finally Marty leaves and Cory has his starting job and new contract at last ! Only took him until age 28 :handclap:

11) Bolstered by his new status, Schneider takes to his craft. Unfortunately, the rest of the Devils are old and suck and have no hope of going anywhere. The Devils need to rebuild.

:banghead:

You cant make this stuff up folks. :cry:

Re: Point number 6, nonis didn't back out of the trade, the leafs were set to give up one of kadri/gardiner + an asset for luongo, but he refused to waive his No trade clause.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Re: Point number 6, nonis didn't back out of the trade, the leafs were set to give up one of kadri/gardiner + an asset for luongo, but he refused to waive his No trade clause.

Argue about it with Canuck fans about that point then. That is how it was reported to them. Two second rounders for Luongo but then Nonis wanted Gillis to eat some of the contract too.

Thanks for taking your tweezers out to point that out though.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
How can a team that has been so good possession wise the past couple years be so bad this year?

Might have to do with injuries because we usually don't have a lot and this year we've been decimated but I have no clue

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Playing four under 24 year old defensemen and losing Fayne and Volchenkov and our forwards finally having their ages shown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad