Confirmed with Link: Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just chuckled when I saw the news...typical Lou :laugh:

Surprised Winnipeg would give him up that early though.

Yannick8*

Where do you guys think Ponikarovsky will fit in your team line up?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Send matteau down. He doesn't need to be playing 5 minutes a night. Put him Albany where he get increased competition over Jr. and can play more.

Dont believe he can play in Albany until his Jr team is done playing. So right now if he isnt in NJ he is back to Jr.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
proxy.jpg

Never should have let him go in the first place, but what`s done is done.

Welcome back, Poni!

I just chuckled when I saw the news...typical Lou :laugh:

Surprised Winnipeg would give him up that early though.
He`s going to be a part of a bigger trade, just watch. :sarcasm:

Semak

Tallinder has more value than Poni with the extra year on his contract

I know, just making the point that fourth is not a biggie and at the very least NJ can recoup it. Teams get desperate enough, a 3rd or a 2nd could be had. Heck, Gaustad went for a first last year. (Not implying a first is possible).

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
TG: "Lamoriello said they wanted to re-sign Ponikarovsky last summer, but were waiting on another player, and Poni signed with WPG." "It's pretty obvious the Devils were waiting on Parise and the money they would have allocated there."

Godamit, Parise.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Where do you guys think Ponikarovsky will fit in your team line up?

With Zubrus hurt, I imagine Ponikarovsky gets to be the latest guy to be on the Zajac/Kovalchuk line. Ideally Ponikarovsky'll be on the 3rd line eventually. And I wouldn't expect him to see much PP time.

I'd guess something along the lines of:

Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Barch-Josefson-Butler
(Matteau/Lotkionov)

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I've felt like NJ missed Poni's play, but it's pretty crazy that they got him back this quickly. Now there is a huge logjam of forwards. It'll be interesting to see which players solidify themselves on the roster.

Sucks about Zubrus though. If two months is the worst case scenario, we'll have a pretty good playoff addition on our hands.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
With Zubrus hurt, I imagine Ponikarovsky gets to be the latest guy to be on the Zajac/Kovalchuk line. Ideally Ponikarovsky'll be on the 3rd line eventually. And I wouldn't expect him to see much PP time.

I'd guess something along the lines of:

Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Barch-Josefson-Butler
(Matteau/Lotkionov)
I'm expecting Matteau to stay in the lineup for Barch most games. Try to see if he can develop enough to be someone we can run with in the playoffs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
TG: "Lamoriello said they wanted to re-sign Ponikarovsky last summer, but were waiting on another player, and Poni signed with WPG." "It's pretty obvious the Devils were waiting on Parise and the money they would have allocated there."

Godamit, Parise.

Well Lou more or less confirmed Poni wasn't talking out of his *** last offseason after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad