GDT: Devils..Free Agent signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Tarasenko can probably be had for a 2nd rounder at this point, and unlike the Isles Fitzgerald can probably take a large share of the salary. Assuming there is no lingering nerve damage with the shoulder than the devils should make the move.

Reactions: Buck Dancer

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He's a little undersized too.

That also seems like it'd tie into more of the playoff thing. He's been great in the regular season and will help us. Our best line last year was the pre Covid Johnsson-Hughes-Bratt line. The biggest guy on that line was Johnsson. I'm not worried about the size

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I can’t believe how bad Armstrong botched Tarasenko, you had a good trade piece and you kept him for better offers and then proceeded to lose every UFA in the process cause of your hard headedness.. Armstrong is so lucky 2019 is a thing or else STL fans would’ve wanted him fired on spot, they probably still might.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
Tarasenko can probably be had for a 2nd rounder at this point, and unlike the Isles Fitzgerald can probably take a large share of the salary. Assuming there is no lingering nerve damage with the shoulder than the devils should make the move.

A 2nd? Please. They’re getting a 2032 5th and every episode of Chico Eats on DVD, no streaming. This close to VHS if they waver.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
I can’t believe how bad Armstrong botched Tarasenko, you had a good trade piece and you kept him for better offers and then proceeded to lose every UFA in the process cause of your hard headedness.. Armstrong is so lucky 2019 is a thing or else STL fans would’ve wanted him fired on spot, they probably still might.

Armstrong and Francis romp together.

Reactions: Buck Dancer

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Nah, not trading a second for him. Give them someone like Johansson and a late rounder. Them shedding 7.5x2 should be enough incentive for that

Reactions: OmNomNom

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Tarasenko, Saad or Tatar please
And then a bottom 6 center

Zacha Hischier Bratt
??? Hughes Sharangovich
Kuokkonen Boqvist?(or UFA) Prospect
Wood McLeod Johnsson

I think one of our young wing prospects will earn a spot in the lineup(Foote, Holtz, Mercer, Clarke, Thompson).
If we don’t sign a decent bottom 6 C I think Boqvist has the potential to take a big step and fill that role.
We’re pretty much set on D

Graves Hamilton
Smith Severson
Siengthaler Subban
Bahl Saros
Okhotiuk Walsh

Reactions: nugg and Hisch13r

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So if this pans out the way we dream...

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Saad - Hughes - Tarasenko
Shara - Boqvist - Kuokkanen
Wood - McLeod - Johnsson

Graves-Hamilton
T. Smith-Severson
Siegenthaler-Subban

Blackwood
Bernier

If that team can't make the playoffs, I won't know what to say.

Reactions: nugg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Zacha Hischier Bratt
??? Hughes Sharangovich
Wood McLeod Johnsson

I think one of our young wing prospects will earn a spot in the lineup(Foote, Holtz, Mercer, Clarke, Thompson).
If we don’t sign a decent bottom 6 C I think Boqvist has the potential to take a big step and fill that role.

Graves Hamilton
Smith Severson
Siengthaler Subban
Bahl Saros
Okhotiuk Walsh

I’ve never liked a Devils team more in the last decade

Reactions: DevilsfanfromCanada

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Zacha Hischier Bratt
??? Hughes Sharangovich
Wood McLeod Johnsson

Graves Hamilton
Smith Severson
Siengthaler Subban
Bahl Saros
Okhotiuk Walsh

Unless we get 2 wings and move Kuokkanen (or Zacha.......) to the middle it'll likely be Boqvist. Krejci is the only guy out there still worth it and he's going to go back to Boston no matter how much I scream about it

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
So if this pans out the way we dream...

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Saad - Hughes - Tarasenko
Shara - Boqvist - Kuokkanen
Wood - McLeod - Johnsson

Graves-Hamilton
T. Smith-Severson
Siegenthaler-Subban

Blackwood
Bernier

If that team can't make the playoffs, I won't know what to say.

Yeah we’d have issues if this team misses, we would almost need a this year Flyers where the kids stagnate or get worse and the veterans pick up the slack but still can’t overcome the depth issues.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Unless we get 2 wings and move Kuokkanen (or Zacha.......) to the middle it'll likely be Boqvist. Krejci is the only guy out there still worth it and he's going to go back to Boston no matter how much I scream about it
What about Cizikas? Or others I’d even be happy with just some 4th line C who isn’t even a lock to be in the lineup. I think we just need another C. Even a Zajac would be good. We need more than 4 centers. Obviously it would be great if we signed a legit 3C

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
What about Cizikas? Or others I’d even be happy with just some 4th line C who isn’t even a lock to be in the lineup. I think we just need another C. Even a Zajac would be good. We need more than 4 centers. Obviously it would be great if we signed a legit 3C

McLeod is perfect as a 4C, Boqvist is also fine as a 3C

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

He's going back to the Isles and I wouldn't want him anyway.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There has to be a plan for the 3C right? They can't possibly have let a guy like Bonino just stroll right by them for a massive bargain with no alternative in mind because they think Boqvist or say Zacha can take that spot instead. You're not going anywhere with that as your 3C and they seem to want to make a push. There just has to be something else coming

Reactions: Blackjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad