GDT: Devils @ Flames - 10:00 PM - MSG+

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m almost at the point where I would say F it and offer our 1st for Spencer Knight . Almost being the key word.
I don't think they even wanna give him away. I think they probably expect Bobrovsky to not play this well again next year, just based on the prior two seasons, as well as how old he is.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
They have to bring someone else in solely because one more injury will sink Utica's season on top of potentially making NJ's worse.
Rumor was fitz was looking at Anderson from Buffalo. Also was interested in Forsberg from Ottawa, though I don’t think Ottawa is gonna give him up.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Lou traded pick #9 for Schneider. Yes Schneider was a stud and Knight is unproven but his potential is sky high. I wouldn’t say it’s that terrible of a move but it’s bad and should the / won’t be done
Yeah, agreed. Schneider was way more proven. He also was absolutely elite his first years with us. The state of the team was also different.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou traded pick #9 for Schneider. Yes Schneider was a stud and Knight is unproven but his potential is sky high. I wouldn’t say it’s that terrible of a move but it’s bad and should the / won’t be done
I'd totally trade the pick for someone a little more proven at the NHL level, like Schneider was at that time, but there really is no current Schneider comparable. Shesterkin probably, but he's even better than Schneider was by that point.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I mean, how is it even remotely the same? Primeau has worse numbers then Gillies for crying out loud. Complete liability out there. Daws can clearly play.

Again, if he gets 1-2 more bad starts in a row, then you sit him, no need to keep throwing him out there. But he has the benefit of the doubt as far as I’m concerned. He hasn’t looked bad. His last 2 starts were rough, but it shouldn’t cancel out his good play in the last few weeks. Even top goalies get 2 rough starts in a row sometimes.
Sorry man I disagree. What’s the magical line you draw then between destroying a kids confidence and it being ok?
There is none . Daws is getting his confidence dragged through the mud.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Steven Stamkos just said on the TNT post game show that Mark Recchi (and I didn't even catch the other name) had him over and cooked him dinner when he was younger, but that he would still sneak in junk food sometimes.

I'm guessing Stammer didn't eat too much of it. He's still pretty thin and his hair isn't see-through yet.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd totally trade the pick for someone a little more proven at the NHL level, like Schneider was at that time, but there really is no current Schneider comparable. Shesterkin probably, but he's even better than Schneider was by that point.

You can't trade the first right now for a goalie. We would get demolished value wise.

You maybe trade it at the draft once you know where it lands and get a feel for the draft board and more teams are open to trading players, but not at the deadline with where we are at.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We waived wedgewood over Geert over btw lol
At the time that was the right move (I mean to waive Wedgewood, having Geertsen on the roster is NEVER the right move) but it was the first move in a domino effect of just complete destruction of our goalie position.

Wedgewood is no count, but he'd probably be the best goalie on the team right now, depending on what Daws could do the remainder of the schedule, which I really don't wanna find out.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Sorry man I disagree. What’s the magical line you draw then between destroying a kids confidence and it being ok?
There is none . Daws is getting his confidence dragged through the mud.
I’ll throw it right back at you. What’s YOUR magical line? 2 straight bad starts? When a goalie has given me over 85% of quality starts, I’d probably wait a little more before saying his confidence is “dragged through the mud”. But it’s ok to agree to disagree, a lot of that going on on this board lately! :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can't trade the first right now for a goalie. We would get demolished value wise.

You maybe trade it at the draft once you know where it lands and get a feel for the draft board and more teams are open to trading players, but not at the deadline with where we are at.
For sure, I meant in the offseason, not right now.

But it's a non-factor because I don't know what goalie we'd bring in for a first. There's not many goalies worth a first round pick right now and the ones that are aren't being parted with by their current teams.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Steven Stamkos just said on the TNT post game show that Mark Recchi (and I didn't even catch the other name) had him over and cooked him dinner when he was younger, but that he would still sneak in junk food sometimes.

I'm guessing Stammer didn't eat too much of it. He's still pretty thin and his hair isn't see-through yet.

bullshit.

everyone knows players eat a nice pasta to carb load and some lean chicken before every game..........unless you're carlo coliacciovo and you get nona's sauce and two pinches on your cheeks at the same time

mangia! mangia!

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For sure, I meant in the offseason, not right now.

But it's a non-factor because I don't know what goalie we'd bring in for a first. There's not many goalies worth a first round pick right now and the ones that are aren't being parted with by their current teams.

That's the major issue. Even in the offseason there isn't that much available.

I don't think we have a ton of of major holes, but goaltending is definitely a huge one and it won't be an easy fix barring some good fortune with thr guys we have bouncing back healthy.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are we the only team that f***ing Lucic has two goals against this year? Cause I know he only had 9 goals before tonight and he scored one on Daws in the first game back in October

*Going to check his splits for the year on hockey reference*

We're in good company. He has 2 goals against the Pittsburgh Penguins this year.

I think at least half of his goals 10 goals (including the one on Daws in October) if not even more than half were soft 5-hole shots on breakaways.

I'm not sure how Lucic managed to even one breakaway this season, let alone a handful of breakaway goals, but it's happened.

Holy shit, his picture on hockey reference it looks like his nose is literally being taped or glued onto his face.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
bullshit.

everyone knows players eat a nice pasta to carb load and some lean chicken before every game..........unless you're carlo coliacciovo and you get nona's sauce and two pinches on your cheeks at the same time

mangia! mangia!
It's funny because I constantly see people saying to eat vegetables and an alkaline diet and fruits all day long. ''Tom Brady does it!'' but the truth is that those things don't have enough calories in them to keep your weight/muscle on if that's all you eat. Yeah, Tom Brady eats all these veggies, in between the 5 shakes he has to chug a day to keep all his weight and muscle on.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: njdevils1982

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Nobody gets pulled twice in a row and starts the next game.
The problem is Gilles has looked real shitty in relief. Worse than Daws. He isnt really giving Ruff confidence to say start me next game.

But Daws needs a proper rest and it probably should happen.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The problem is Gilles has looked real shitty in relief. Worse than Daws. He isnt really giving Ruff confidence to say start me next game.

But Daws needs a proper rest and it probably should happen.
I thought Gillies looked fine tonight. As sad as it is this was probably one of his better games. He only let in one goal on 20 shots and it wasn’t a bad one like the first goal he allowed last game or the first and only goal he allowed to start the 2nd period in relief of Schmid against Dallas.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I’m almost at the point where I would say F it and offer our 1st for Spencer Knight . Almost being the key word.
I would kick the tyres with Calgary for Dustin Wolf. I would even consider taking Sean Monahan as a cap dump, which helps Calgary next season. We can afford to carry Monahan salary for one season and he can be the defacto 3C that we need for one season.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
bullshit.

mangia! mangia!
0BFE6705-9258-4CEC-A1E7-D00250EEA98F.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad