GDT: Devils @ Flames - 10:00 PM - MSG+

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
08N5KQg.jpg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Missed last nights game and haven’t tread any of the GDT for the first time all season. What happened to Siegenthaler?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Missed last nights game and haven’t tread any of the GDT for the first time all season. What happened to Siegenthaler?
Non-covid illness.

A few guys have had that in the last week-week and a half and came right back after a game.

Where this one is the very next night, I'm not sure he'll be back tonight, but I'm sure he will be in Edmonton, if not tonight.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
hmm.....what's the bigger burden......

subban as a 3rd pair dman with an expiring contract @ 9M

or

lucic as a 4th liner with another season after this @ 5.2M and an 8 team can trade list (changes to a 10 team list this coming july 1st))

:huh:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
what the hell is with the defeatist attitude here today?

there's still 60 minutes of game to be played
Is it your first day here? :laugh: We’ve beaten really good teams this season but nobody wants to give the youngest team in the league an ounce of optimism lol. Just go read the first posts in the Colorado GDT, everyone said we would get crunched, and we ended up playing one of our best games of the season.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The constant chicken little "this game is impossible to win" shit is quite annoying.
The Lightning appear to be less of a favorite over the Kraken tonight according to the Vegas money line I saw. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for NJ's chances tonight. It's understandable after last night some are frustrated. This is a very young team and the Hyde version showed up last night, hopefully the Jekyll version does tonight but even if they do, CAL is a heck of a team and playing them on a back to back in their building with an AHL goalie or a young goalie who struggled yesterday is typically not a recipe for success. What's constant about the team can't win postings? I haven't seen much of that lately with Daws playing well. This may be the first time in a couple of weeks we've seen this.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The Lightning appear to be less of a favorite over the Kraken tonight according to the Vegas money line I saw. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for NJ's chances tonight. It's understandable after last night some are frustrated. This is a very young team and the Hyde version showed up last night, hopefully the Jekyll version does tonight but even if they do, CAL is a heck of a team and playing them on a back to back in their building with an AHL goalie or a young goalie who struggled yesterday is typically not a recipe for success. What's constant about the team can't win postings? I haven't seen much of that lately with Daws playing well. This may be the first time in a couple of weeks we've seen this.
I don’t think the Hyde version played last night. They played “ok”. Not great , not that shitty.
The execution was off but effort was there. The Tatar turnover that resulted in a goal against was the back breaker. Im not getting too much into it but let’s just say our goalies didnot help us win.
Flames are very structured and well coached. They will come out prepared and flying. I TJ k they are someting like 16-2 in their past time games….
If Gilles is in net …. I fully expect us to be down by 2-3 goals before we get our legs under us. I’m not exaggerating , I can see something like down by a couple goals in the first few minutes of the game.

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What worries me besides playing one of the best teams in the entire league at home on a back to back is their 500 pound pairing on D - Zadorov and GudBranson (spelling ?) . They like to hit and are both huge bastards. I’m a little concerned about Jack and Bratt playi those two .

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What worries me besides playing one of the best teams in the entire league at home on a back to back is their 500 pound pairing on D - Zadorov and GudBranson (spelling ?) . They like to hit and are both huge bastards. I’m a little concerned about Jack and Bratt playi those two .
I presume Calgary will play more skilled defenders against those two. If Bratt and Jack are prepared by the coaches for the game they will be able to take advantage of the two big but meh defenders going out of position to look for big hits.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I really like Flames coach Sutter. For one , he is an amazig coach that can indentify players strengths and get the most out of them. He has Zadorov and GudBranson playing amazing best career years and looked like crap everywhere they played until now. I dont think those two were ever used correctly but Sutter knows how and where to play them to make them effective. I can see amother team sign of of those two and they fall on their face because they are asked to do too much or not used correctly.
Another thing about Sutter - he said about the Devils today “ Any team would miss the playoffs if you have your #1 and #2 centre’s injured as long as they had . Plus your #1 D was hurt . And using 6 goalies? I have only ever had to use 3 . Going through 6 ! No one would make the playoffs if that happened.
He also said we have the one on one skill to beat anyone. Daws has shown in his winds against top teams and his save % that it looks lime he will be a good young goalie.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
hmm.....what's the bigger burden......

subban as a 3rd pair dman with an expiring contract @ 9M

or

lucic as a 4th liner with another season after this @ 5.2M and an 8 team can trade list (changes to a 10 team list this coming july 1st))

:huh:
Clearly Lucic.

Subban hasn’t really been a burden at all. He’s clearly heavily overpayed but he’s been fine in his role and it’s not like we’re up against the cap or need cap space.
Lucic has a 6M cap hit on a team that is looking to contend and is literally right up against the cap. And he’s signed for next season as well with the NMC. That contract is a huge burden. Imagine what Calgary could do with 6M this year and next.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Clearly Lucic.

Subban hasn’t really been a burden at all. He’s clearly heavily overpayed but he’s been fine in his role and it’s not like we’re up against the cap or need cap space.
Lucic has a 6M cap hit on a team that is looking to contend and is literally right up against the cap. And he’s signed for next season as well with the NMC. That contract is a huge burden. Imagine what Calgary could do with 6M this year and next.

oh ya for sure..... i was being a bit facetious :naughty:

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I just want Jack Hughes to go off points wise in one of these games. Has had lots of 2 point games and some 3 but nothing would make me happier to see a first career hatty and/or a 5-6 point game just to put the rest of league and fans on notice if they aren’t already.

Reactions: My3Sons and doorbag

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I have a bunch of high end Jack Hughes cards, so I'm hoping to he goes off for the remainder of the season so I can flip them at a huge profit.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I have a bunch of high end Jack Hughes cards, so I'm hoping to he goes off for the remainder of the season so I can flip them at a huge profit.
Nice ! I have some too. UD The Cup RPA /99 , FWA inscribed /999 , UD ice /99 , Young guns BGS 10 x3

Attachments

• 59103557-B749-4653-8836-3EB81BFA5A84.jpeg
    59103557-B749-4653-8836-3EB81BFA5A84.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 06857271-4F3F-4859-BE29-1C69B6EA6CC0.jpeg
    06857271-4F3F-4859-BE29-1C69B6EA6CC0.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: Devs3cups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad