Confirmed with Link: Devils Fire Lindy Ruff - Travis Green is an Interim

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
17-18 was Taylor Hall putting up one of the single most impressive feats I have ever witnessed from a professional hockey player. His points total wasn’t crazy but Hall played every single second with 100% heart and determination, unlike anything I have ever seen. It was incredible to watch. The most deserving and obvious choice for a Hart trophy. It was all him.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
17-18 was Taylor Hall putting up one of the single most impressive feats I have ever witnessed from a professional hockey player. His points total wasn’t crazy but Hall played every single second with 100% heart and determination, unlike anything I have ever seen. It was incredible to watch. The most deserving and obvious choice for a Hart trophy. It was all him.

And Avs fans had the audacity that MacK got robbed as if they didn't have a better team overall as the next few years illustrated.

captainscott2

Feb 23, 2024
I'm stuck in a hard place. If they legit no show under Green then you might have legit questions about this core that a late season coaching change didn't help them, granted it shouldn't realistically. But you still don't want Travis f***ing Green getting a job off of one month. At least it's what @Zajacs Bowl Cut where we have to worry about Lindy not getting fired and Fitz chalking it up to injuries.
Are we sure about jack and Luke Hughes character ? I’m not making any statements just asking. Something my gut says this may not be a horrible question.

Eh maybe? Green sucks in his own right and they have no goalies to play and will probably run a similar garbage system. I am not expecting much different here until they get a real coach and a reset
Agreed. I’ll take a few simple lineup changes as a step in right direction.

Hes literally just an assistant sliding over as an interim for 20 gms….

Utterly bizarre how so many people act like we just hired him fresh off the streets for head coach.
Yeah this was a mercy killing . Hoping fitz rids us of taffoli as well. He has been good but the situation. For signing him has now changed. Go get a good young player for him and a pick.

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
.......what? No shit, Jack actually developed because of Ruff playing him in big situations, I despise Lindy but how do you even manage to think that Hynes was better than him is beyond me
Jack didn’t develop because of ruff

That is revisionism. Jack developed on his own. He wasn’t ready to break out in the Hynes era. Hynes literally placed him on the second line.

This wasn’t a Jack Hughes team when Hynes was around. You are seriously clueless about the team around the Hynes era.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Are we sure about jack and Luke Hughes character ? I’m not making any statements just asking. Something my gut says this may not be a horrible question.

Agreed. I’ll take a few simple lineup changes as a step in right direction.

Yeah this was a mercy killing . Hoping fitz rids us of taffoli as well. He has been good but the situation. For signing him has now changed. Go get a good young player for him and a pick.

Jack should be shut down for the rest of the season to get healthy, but likely won’t, and he clearly rushed back to play in the outdoor game… but yeah, he’s a punk who isn’t trying because he hates Devils fans and fair play and puppies and America. Boo hiss Jack, what a heel.

And Luke hasn’t run head first into the rookie wall after being shuffled between 3 defensive partners over 61 games, he’s clearly a degenerate who hates giving an honest effort and he never ever tips well.

Thank goodness we have a moral paragon like you here willing to vaguely tiptoe around the hard questions to expose these two wastrels.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
@ZachaFlockaFlame

You need to bone up on your Hynes knowledge bro!
IMG_4758.gif

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm still angry because this should have happened sooner and this didn't need to be a lost and wasted season.

Even with the injuries and the goaltending, they were always in striking distance, if not in control of making the playoffs.

A new voice and actual adjustments could have got them in or at least kept them close enough to pull off a goalie trade and fully get over the hump.

Ruff was not owed the opportunity to do it himself. He was not doing the job, so a move should have been made when there was enough season left to correct course.
Let's see how the team responds first. Not every coaching change gets the coaching bump or fixes issues in time to save a lost season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This was clearly a mercy firing.

I think Fitz wanted more than anything to wait for the season to end. And he probably would have even given Lindy a chance to “Retire” or step down, but this homestand was going to get out of hand after the last two weeks of games.

And it really felt Ruff had lost the team in the 1.5-2 weeks.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

I think Fitz wanted more than anything to wait for the season to end. And he probably would have even given Lindy a chance to “Retire” or step down, but this homestand was going to get out of hand after the last two weeks of games.

Fire Lindy chants would have been bad for everyone. Needed to be done.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

As disappointing as this season has been it didn't feel like team had quit until the last stretch of games since the Stadium Series game. The Tampa game was the big red flag, barely managing anything against a team they were chasing for a playoff spot. They were lucky they had a terrible San Jose team the next game to beat up on. Then these last two games were just the final nail, especially with the homestand coming up.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Could you summarize

I don't really feel like digging them up, but the long short of it was...

"I'd rather be bad and exciting, than bad an boring. Good coach for development, brutal coach for long term success . His system gets old and eventually is let go on a whimper."

It's played out exactly as they said it would.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad