GDT: Devils @ Ducks 7pm Our Time

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Great effort after a couple of questionable matches in a row. The checking-line was truly on fire. Although, I thought that Silf already in the St. Louis-match had a good workmanlike game, with nothing to show for it. But this time he also got the reward. Just work and you will eventually be rewarded is the theme then I guess. It's also so vital with secondhand scoring going into the PO. Hopefully this is a sign for good things to come.

I was also impressed with Holzer. He fit in really well with Hamps. Manson had a great game as well. Good for him after a couple of not so good. And congrats to Ritchie for his first goal! Plenty of stuff to take home for them after this match.

Although, New Jersey looked a bit sluggish, seemed that there was no gas left in the tank for them. For instance, Larsson was really weak in front of his keeper - But nevertheless a really good game from our guys. That's the main thing. Keep it rolling now, two more eastern teams coming up during the week.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Tuomo Ruutu really has lost it over the years. His play on the Kesler goal was an abomination. The year 2004 sure feels like a decade ago. No, wait. :sarcasm:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Looks like I picked a hell of a game to miss. Glad to see Devo got one, as I'm hoping he finally has found a home. I'm even happier to see Jakob blow up and Ritchie get his first. How was Ritchie's game outside of the goal?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Looks like I picked a hell of a game to miss. Glad to see Devo got one, as I'm hoping he finally has found a home. I'm even happier to see Jakob blow up and Ritchie get his first. How was Ritchie's game outside of the goal?

I liked him with Horcoff moreso than with Nate. He did a better job of effectively forechecking. The fourth line was our best line while the others were still asleep.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
I've been hamming up Holzer for a while now. Hopefully they get rid of Stoner, dude is awful.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Tuomo Ruutu really has lost it over the years. His play on the Kesler goal was an abomination. The year 2004 sure feels like a decade ago. No, wait. :sarcasm:

Seriously. I still get the goosebumps just thinking about that goal and how he danced through three Canadians, Scott Niedermayer being one of them in the World Cup. Man, I thought he was going to something special... and now, I still can't believe he was chosen in the Olympic squad two years ago even.

Anyhow, what a feelgood game indeed! Big Ritch with the first goal finally and Silfverberg breaking out with a hat trick, are you kidding me?! Man those two really needed it.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I think I've liked Holzer in every game he's played with us. He knows his limitations and often just makes the simple play which really is all you want from a bottom pairing guy. That slap pass was great, I did a double take when I realized it was him.

Manson had another strong game, what a great find for our scouting staff. Must be one of the most unsung defensemen league wide.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
How about throwing something at Dallas to get the second Ritchie brah over here. Then put them with a super-skilled guy like Rocky and they'll destroy the league in a few years. Also, Rakell would never have to fight ever again, having the Ritchie bro's watching over him.

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry

Ritchie-Rocky-Ritchie

RNH-Kesler-Silfverberg

Cogliano-Thompson-Noesen

Best forward lineup evah.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
The other Ritchie just scored his 1st of the year against the kings.

EDIT: Never mind. After further review, Ritchie hit Doughy's stick...and Doughy smacked it into his net for an "own" goal.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
How about throwing something at Dallas to get the second Ritchie brah over here. Then put them with a super-skilled guy like Rocky and they'll destroy the league in a few years. Also, Rakell would never have to fight ever again, having the Ritchie bro's watching over him.

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry

Ritchie-Rocky-Ritchie

RNH-Kesler-Silfverberg

Cogliano-Thompson-Noesen

how exactly are we pulling off those trades lol

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry

Ritchie-Rocky-Ritchie

RNH-Kesler-Silfverberg

Cogliano-Thompson-Noesen

I like it, but I'd change up the fourth line a bit

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry
Ritchie-Rocky-Ritchie
RNH-Kesler-Silfverberg
Benn-McDavid-Kane

Call me an optimist, but I think Bob has a few tricks up his sleeve this offseason.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I like it, but I'd change up the fourth line a bit

Perron-Getzlaf-Perry
Ritchie-Rocky-Ritchie
RNH-Kesler-Silfverberg
Benn-McDavid-Kane

Call me an optimist, but I think Bob has a few tricks up his sleeve this offseason.

Screw that, just trade Ricky for Eichel and we have our #2C penciled in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad