GDT: Devils @ Ducks 7pm Our Time

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
One of the rare times we make an average goalie look average, rather than like a Vezina candidate. 5 goals for the Kes line? A Silf hatty? This looked like a video game.

Congrats to Nick for his 1st. Hopefully it gets him going.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
So why did despres get so much power play time tonight? Lindholm only was given 1 minute.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I kinda expect a statement game

200w.gif

Good statement

mytduxfan*

I think NJ were more bad than ANA were good, still a great result and Ritchie finally got his 1st (what a beauty). Kids going to have to work hard on his hands and skating speed over the summer, but that shot is real.

Good game after a string of poor games. Hopefully the boys are back on track.

Fowler gets the fish bowl off and we suddenly start winning again... coincidence? ;)

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
The goal flurry was nice but Devils were on an off day, seriously. Good for Silf and Cogs, let alone Ritchie, maybe the confidence boost will carry forward some distance at least.

However the best takeaway for me was that Holzer did really well. The assists were the icing on the cake, but he was solid overall once again, showing confidence and stature beyond his big league CV. I really think we should lean on him more next year. Should make letting go of Stoner in the offseason even more blatantly obvious.

Although Korby needs to stop taking advice from Kasual Kev's Book of Defensive Horrors. There was a pinch or two that could have gone wrong, even though NJ were not in a state of mind to make the most of possibly opportunities.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Lindholm rarely gets the icetime he deserves.

Doh. In season stats Hampus is 21:57 TOI/G overall. That's second to only Cam.

Hampus is fast emerging as a great shutdown D but he's no Jesus H and cannot put down every fire out there. Give the kid a break and let him catch a breath every once in a while, both mentally and physically.

The defining feature of Ducks D so far has been the distribution of workload and responsibilities, thus offsetting the absence of a clear standout #1 D with a collective effort. Let's keep it like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad