GDT: Devils @ Ducks 7pm Our Time

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
ducksoptimized.gif

My First GTD...this year.. Get the win boys!!

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
NJ might be the least talented team in the NHL. They have over-achieved the whole season; it's time to beat them and do it in a dominant fashion.

Greene (sp?) and Larsson are insanely good defensively, but the rest of their D is mediocre.

I predict a low-scoring game:

We win, 2-1.

Perron & Pirri.

2 assists to Getzlaf.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
NJ might be the least talented team in the NHL. They have over-achieved the whole season; it's time to beat them and do it in a dominant fashion.

Greene (sp?) and Larsson are insanely good defensively, but the rest of their D is mediocre.

I predict a low-scoring game:

We win, 2-1.

Perron & Pirri.

2 assists to Getzlaf.

Once Cammalleri went down, the season was pretty much over. Trading Stempniak was just the nail in the coffin. Cammalleri was playing at a first line level and Stempniak was producing as well. Schneider's also a huge part to our success, although he was injured a week or so ago. Line-up likely looks like this:

Kennedy - Henrique - DSP
Boucher - Zajac - Palmieri
Blandisi - Kalinin - Sislo
Farnham - Gionta - Tootoo/Ruutu

Greene - Larsson
Moore - Schlemko
Two of Helgeson, Warsofsky, Merrill, or Severson.

Kinkaid
Danis

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
lines get shuffled as the game goes. he was cold (points wise) for 8 games until last game, where he got the assist for the ENG. kennedy actually scored, so hynes will prob try him out for a while tonight on the 1st line.

I've honestly never heard of Kalinin or Sislo. Any chance you could give a quick scouting report?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm surprised Blandisi's not up on that first line...

To be fair, he's sizzled out a bit of late and our team is so incompetent offensively which usually means we generate no space whatsoever for offensive chances. He played pretty well with Henrique-Stempniak because those two are actually smart, solid top six players. What we have now is mediocre-fourth line players studded throughout our line-up. He's still young and a bit flawed -- he gets knocked down by any contact -- so he's the type of player, at least now, that needs to be with skilled players to produce.

Also, him and Sislo were a pretty good duo for a while in the AHL.

I've honestly never heard of Kalinin or Sislo. Any chance you could give a quick scouting report?

Kalinin is a big, strong center/wing from Russia who has incredible puck-possession skills and has a solid two-way game. When he's on his game, he can be a beast on the boards and really influence the game. When he's not, he's a guy that you don't notice doing anything negative -- which is good for a bottom-six player. Had a gordie howe hat trick in our last game against the Rangers were he was a beast.

Sislo is a guy we've had on our AHL team for a while, he's 27. He produces like crazy in the AHL -- Albany's franchise leader in goals and was tops in AHL in goals this year -- but never produces at the NHL level. Still a reliable two-way guy regardless.

Last edited:

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Kalinin is a big, strong center/wing from Russia who has incredible puck-possession skills and has a solid two-way game. When he's on his game, he can be a beast on the boards and really influence the game. When he's not, he's a guy that you don't notice doing anything negative -- which is good for a bottom-six player. Had a gordie howe hat trick in our last game against the Rangers were he was a beast.

Sislo is a guy we've had on our AHL team for a while, he's 27. He produces like crazy in the AHL -- Albany's franchise leader in goals and was tops in AHL in goals this year -- but never produces at the NHL level. Still a reliable two-way guy regardless.

Thanks!

Horcoff drawing back in tonight per Stephens. I'd say there might be a chance we don't let in a PP goal, but I know Palmieri or DSP will get one.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Kennedy - Henrique - DSP
Boucher - Zajac - Palmieri
Blandisi - Kalinin - Sislo
Farnham - Gionta - Tootoo/Ruutu

Greene - Larsson
Moore - Schlemko
Two of Helgeson, Warsofsky, Merrill, or Severson.

Kinkaid
Danis

That's two second lines and two fourth lines, combined with a bottom-4 D that is among the wordt in the league.

Yet they perform decently.

That team really deserves a good puck this season.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Hope it's Santo that's sitting. Really been unimpressed with him lately.
I'd also like to switch up our lines a bit. Throw McGinn with kes and silf

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Agreed, I'd like to see how McGinn fairs in the Beleskey role and try Cogs with Rakell and Perry.

It's be interesting to see for sure... both Kes and Silf tend to throw a lot on net / from range. Might be nice if they had someone in the paint to clean up whatever rebounds the goalie spits out

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Pray to god our D-lines tonight arent....

Hampus-Manson
Fowler-Depres
Stoner-Holzer

that bottom pairing tho :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad