Post-Game Talk: Devils drop another one - lose 3-1 to Winnipeg

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
The only way it's worth it to have Zidlicky on the team is if he contributes in the offensive zone. But some of his decision making in that end of the ice has been just dreadful. No easy answers for this team.

Also, can we whine about Zajac yet? Completely invisible. I'm tired of hearing "oh, well he's only been on the ice for 1 ES goal against." He's getting paid to play in all three zones. All three.

I said this 2 weeks ago...now 3 points in 20games...but he does so much more i'm told and I don't know what I'm watching. Henrique has 20 shots on goal all year, He doesnt shoot and when he does he can't hit the side of a barn but he shuts down the other team so we should be quiet. Neither player is being paid to be our 3rd line checking center.They are suppose to be top 6 forwards. More production out of these guys would take some pressure off the D.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I love reading twitter after we lose.

Someone wants Kinkaid to start tomorrow and then in the next tweet says if we lose, DeBoer will most likely be fired. #guaranteed

Twitter makes HF look like the NASA boards.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Larsson had a really solid game last night. I just wish (and I'll say it till i'm blue in the face) we would utilize him on the PP. His shots from the point at EV remind me of Rafalski's. Low, deflectable, and ON NET.

Last edited:

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Greene and Larsson had less even strength time on ice than any of our other defenseman....that's just so incredibly wrong.

I know someone that said Greene should be traded because he's been terrible. I aksed if he's terrible then what about the rest of our dmen?

Twitter makes HF look like the NASA boards.

Hahaha...it's amazing to read it after losses.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Larsson had a really solid game last night. I just wish (and I'll say it till i'm blue in the face) we would utilize him on the PP. His shots from the point at EV remind me of Rafalski's. Low, deflectable, and ON NET.

The only reason I can see is that DeBoer wants a left handed shot on our 2nd unit cause Kovy plays the entire 2 minutes and he's paired with Zidlicky, who's also a right handed shot.

Maybe they want a left handed shot, that would be Greene, to have the option of one timing pucks from the point. The only downfall to that approach is that Greene can't one time pucks, so yeah, there goes my theory.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Loved how Larsson used his body without a stick and didn't take a penalty to kill a Jets breakaway. If he hasn't reached his potential yet, I really can't wait to see what he's like when he does.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I honestly think that we're stuck in the same situation we were 3 to 4 years ago and that's having a lack of offense from our defence.

Kovy can't keep on playing the entire 2 minutes, it's hurting his overall game since he plays over 25 minutes a night. That stat right there is just insane but since we have no other option, well we over utilise him like there's no tomorrow.

Outside of Zidlicky, our coaching staff is basically held hostage with the players they have at their disposal. Larsson might be the only player that wouldn't be a total mess on the PP and Greene's shot just doesn't cut it, so he isn't much of a threat out there. We can forget about Tallinder, Salvador and Volchenkov... those 3 aren't even up for debate.

I know it won't happen, especially with the logjam with have atm, but I would rather go for a offensive d-men who can actually play at even strenght over another top 6 forward. It'll balance out our offense much more IMO and it'll give a nice shot in the arm for our mediocre PP.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Loved how Larsson used his body without a stick and didn't take a penalty to kill a Jets breakaway. If he hasn't reached his potential yet, I really can't wait to see what he's like when he does.

I loved the play where he broke his stick on a slap shot and backchecked hard without his stick taking a guy out of the play.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I honestly think that we're stuck in the same situation we were 3 to 4 years ago and that's having a lack of offense from our defence.

Kovy can't keep on playing the entire 2 minutes, it's hurting his overall game since he plays over 25 minutes a night. That stat right there is just insane but since we have no other option, well we over utilise him like there's no tomorrow.

Outside of Zidlicky, our coaching staff is basically held hostage with the players they have at their disposal. Larsson might be the only player that wouldn't be a total mess on the PP and Greene's shot just doesn't cut it, so he isn't much of a threat out there. We can forget about Tallinder, Salvador and Volchenkov... those 3 aren't even up for debate.

I know it won't happen, especially with the logjam with have atm, but I would rather go for a offensive d-men who can actually play at even strenght over another top 6 forward. It'll balance out our offense much more IMO and it'll give a nice shot in the arm for our mediocre PP.

We desperately need Merrill or Gelinas to pan out.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I wouldn't mind giving Urbom or Gelinas a look. What this team needs is a big mobile defender. Zid, Sal, and Volch are too damn slow.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We desperately need Merrill or Gelinas to pan out.

If we didn't have 8 freaking NHL caliber d-men on the roster, I would've brought up Gélinas to see if his production at the AHL level would translate to the NHL level.

Honestly, I doubt his defensive game would be any worse then Zidlicky, Tallinder and company but at least we'd know for sure that we'd get some offense out of him.

Wishfull thinking I guess... especially with our current situation.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
can I re-iterate that I'm not comfortable with Moose in net lately? I dunno if I want the rookie to start tomorrow but....come back Marty!

You aren't the only one. His rebound control has not been the best, and he has either made one bad decision per game of either getting caught out of net and flopped down when he should not be. Love Moose but he hasn't helped things against these Southeast teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad