Post-Game Talk: Devils Deep-Six the Kraken (Final 2-1)

Your personal 3 stars of the game

• Jack Hughes

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Jesper Bratt

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Nico Hischier

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Tyler Toffoli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ondrej Palat

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Timo Meier

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Dawson Mercer

• Luke Hughes

• Jonas Siegenthaler

• John Marino

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Simon Nemec

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • Curtis Lazar

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Nate Bastian

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Michael McLeod

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Colin Miller

• Brendan Smith

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Akira Schmid

Votes: 55 88.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Nemec going from 3 straight pointless AHL games and being used as the 7D to 3 pts in 3 NHL games on the top pair is so funny. I wonder how much weight there is to the theory that highly talented players like that are better in the NHL even though they’re facing higher competition because they’re with teammates who are better and can think and play the game like them.
In his case I think it's more that he had that injury and needed some time to get back into the groove. Even last night I noticed he had that black athletic tape in two strips going up each side of the back of his neck. I'm guessing the muscles there are still a bit sore? Whiplash will do that.

Reactions: Guadana

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
In his case I think it's more that he had that injury and needed some time to get back into the groove. Even last night I noticed he had that black athletic tape in two strips going up each side of the back of his neck. I'm guessing the muscles there are still a bit sore? Whiplash will do that.
Yeah when I saw him play in Rochester like a month ago, he was definitely moving gingerly. Clear he wasn’t going at full tilt, which is totally understandable rehabbing an injury in the Ahl

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
PXL_20231208_024737156.jpg

For arena food standards, that short rib was fantastic.

PXL_20231208_021128674.jpg

I liked the split scoreboards, made the rink feel roomy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
For some reason a friend who lives in Seattle led me to believe they were going to build a new arena for the Kraken later but given all the work that went into renovating the current one I don't think that's correct.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
We need to discuss these trash Fanatic hats some of them were wearing in the post-game interviews.

That’s “New Jersey” in red/white with a black stripe through the middle. What a mess, it took me a while to figure out what was actually happening on the front.
View attachment 779823

The Devils logo is somewhat randomly slapped on one side.
View attachment 779824
The Fanatics brand of shame is on the opposite side.
View attachment 779825
Not fitted for extra value.
View attachment 779826

Its lazy bad design.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
EDIT: LOLOLOL This isn’t even remotely the correct thread for these, but I’m too lazy to move it to the AHL thread.

The new uni in action.
Hot Goalie Action!

Wotherspoon (Schmelzer, Clarke)

Clarke (Misyul, Schmelzer)

Hatakka (Clarke, C. Foote)
No volume makes clip creepy.

Daws footage from 1983 (going on video quality, again no sound)

Nico Daws was 1st Star and is also a crusading 1920s District Attorney (going by this photo).

IMG_0461.jpeg

Last edited:

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Nemec going from 3 straight pointless AHL games and being used as the 7D to 3 pts in 3 NHL games on the top pair is so funny. I wonder how much weight there is to the theory that highly talented players like that are better in the NHL even though they’re facing higher competition because they’re with teammates who are better and can think and play the game like them.
Could also have been less engaged in Utica. It’s no secret he was pissed he didn’t make the team out of camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad