Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Columbus - NJ is Cannon Fodder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Sorry you had to drive all that way and watch that live. Oh and pay for food, gas, tickets and I hope lots of beer.

Last night was disgraceful. I thought i would cool off after some sleep but I'm even more upset by the lack of effort collectively.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Sorry you had to drive all that way and watch that live. Oh and pay for food, gas, tickets and I hope lots of beer.

Last night was disgraceful. I thought i would cool off after some sleep but I'm even more upset by the lack of effort collectively.

Hopefully the burger was worth it.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The entire defense was one big pile of ****. Some turds just smelled worse than others.

Purely from an X's and O's standpoint, last night was the worst game of the year.

Huge stretches of game where guys are just running around the ice like it's $10 stick-and-puck.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
At this point Deboer should have everyone put their sticks in a pile at center ice before each game, and close his eyes and throw sticks to each side to form the team playing that night.

Results couldnt be worse.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I have no idea how Pete continues to have a job when he ices Harrold and Volchenkov religiously. Granted Larsson has played like ass as well.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I have no idea how Pete continues to have a job when he ices Harrold and Volchenkov religiously. Granted Larsson has played like ass as well.

Yup, and Fayne has played like azz as well.

And that's the problem.

At this point, I'd call up Gelinas and give the kid a shot in Harrold's slot since he's similar to Harrold's role, or in Volchenkov's spot since Volch has been the Devils worst Dman this season.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Last night was an ugly one. Not sure which was worse, this one or the Pittsburgh game. Both of them exempified a **** effort on everyone's part.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This thread is making me sad and angry.

I'm leaving.

Prop.-14-shuts-door-on-fiscal-conservatives.jpg

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Wrong.

The coach said it was right off Loki's tape.

The replay shows it's right off Loki's tape.

Equally stupid thing to say considering the replay shows it got the tip of his stick at best.

"Right in his tape" though. Easy pass to corral. Because every NHL player expects their D man to suicide pass.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Can someone please explain why we (or any team) would use a passive-style PK?! So not only does the other team have a man advantage, but you're going to let their players get set up in the zone AND have time/space to try and find an opening through traffic?

The ironic thing is that then we are on the PP and I guess the coaching staff doesn't see the aggressive-style PK killing us.. The Jackets gave us no time or space to even get set up in the zone, and when one of our players had the puck, they were right on us so that we had to make quick decisions rather than having time to find the best possible play (something that we allow the other team to do easily with our passive-style PK)

Good teams play an aggressive PK.. I don't know what the coaching staff is looking at and/or thinking if they truly believe that a passive PK is the right strategy

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

meh - still got to see my best bud and his family (rare these days), meet CD in person and talk Devils (rare in Ohio), see that GINORMOUS sexy new scoreboard CBJ has, and sit by the bench and watch a couple of HOF Devils close up. Just wish Patty was there too.

C1BEA738-8C13-4D8B-A4E9-01F948B74B9B-7951-000004E44ABF2CD3_zpsddaf737d.jpg~original

Hopefully the burger was worth it.

I ain't got time for dat! Went right after work so no time for a Thurman's run.

Semak

Funny, in a morbid fandom kind of way, I'm glad they lost. Ok, not really, but this has to motivate Lou to start something going. Or its just my wishful thinking :dunno:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Equally stupid thing to say considering the replay shows it got the tip of his stick at best.

"Right in his tape" though. Easy pass to corral. Because every NHL player expects their D man to suicide pass.

I know you just learned this relatively uncommonly used hockey term last night since it was used in the thread we were both viewing, but the poster you learned it from used the term wrong.

A "suicide pass" is when the pass is either BEHIND the player or in any direction that forces him to turn away from the play, leaving him open to getting steamrolled (hence the "suicide" part).

It is not (as the poster suggested and you are copying from) a bad pass with a high risk of interception.

Alright, teachable moment over, now I'm really leaving this depressing thread.

original.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad