Dreger: Devils close to moving out pieces

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
IIRC, the rumor was a base of Wood and Gudbranson - which I didnt particularly like

When was this

It was last offseason prior to Wood signing his extension.

FYI, the "rumor" was some Nucks fan posting on HF that "apparently a Miles Wood and Erik Gudbranson deal was discussed" with no source and no one credible backing it up.

Value of: - Miles Wood (Devils)

That's literally it, this one guy posting on HF is the entire rumor.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
FYI, the "rumor" was some Nucks fan posting on HF that "apparently a Miles Wood and Erik Gudbranson deal was discussed" with no source and no one credible backing it up.

Value of: - Miles Wood (Devils)

That's literally it, this one guy posting on HF is the entire rumor.
it was Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Athletic and it was tweeted and in his article in october

I posted it in the devils team talk thread.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
it was Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Athletic and it was tweeted and in his article in october

I posted it in the devils team talk thread.
I looked at your quote and this guy said it was "a rumor that has been floating around for a while" that the Devils asked about Gudbranson's availability, and then added his personal speculation about Wood.

Even if the part about Gudbranson is true, which is a big if, that in no way means Wood was offered or discussed in any way. He only connected the two together because Wood was holding out, which is a pretty stupid reason.

So yeah, this is nothing. Not a sourced rumor, just a thing he heard that 'was floating around'. Water cooler talk. The random guy on HF has just as much credibility here.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I looked at your quote and this guy said it was "a rumor that has been floating around for a while" that the Devils asked about Gudbranson's availability, and then added his personal speculation about Wood.

Even if the part about Gudbranson is true, which is a big if, that in no way means Wood was offered or discussed in any way. He only connected the two together because Wood was holding out, which is a pretty stupid reason.

So yeah, this is nothing. Not a sourced rumor, just a thing he heard that 'was floating around'. Water cooler talk. The random guy on HF has just as much credibility here.
No - its a fact NJ called about Gudbranson, the speculation was if it involved Wood or not.

Considering its from a leading Vancouver insider, I doubt he just makes shit up. Also this was before Wood signed

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
A mid to late 1st, a 3rd line center, a border line AHL/NHL defenseman, and one of the worst contracts in the league for Hall.... I can’t believe some of us Devils fans wouldn’t want to do it!

Well when he walks and you get zip you might re-think that.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Well when he walks and you get zip you might re-think that.

So according to you, it would be better for the devils to take a late first and 4 years of Neal (4goals, 6 assists, -11 this year) at 5.75m than let Hall walk for nothing. Yeah I think we’d rather let him walk for nothing

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
So according to you, it would be better for the devils to take a late first and 4 years of Neal (4goals, 6 assists, -11 this year) at 5.75m than let Hall walk for nothing. Yeah I think we’d rather let him walk for nothing

Neal isn't bad. He is just stuck on the 3rd line.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I would rather lose Hall for nothing than take that hot garbage.

Wow. A first, a young big centre and a up-and-coming modern NHL D (who at one point of time was projected to be a top pick in his draft) is hot garbage. That'd be a better package than 99% of TDL deals.
Not that I'm saying another team wouldn't offer something better; but... man... what a ridiculous take.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Wow. A first, a young big centre and a up-and-coming modern NHL D (who at one point of time was projected to be a top pick in his draft) is hot garbage. That'd be a better package than 99% of TDL deals.
Not that I'm saying another team wouldn't offer something better; but... man... what a ridiculous take.

I like how you conveniently left out Neal's anchor of a contract. Also what does it matter that Kylington was "At one time projected to be a top pick"? Hes 21 already, his draft status matters not anymore.

For the reigning league MVP, that is a horrific offer. Period.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Your descriptions of Bennett and Kylington are pretty generous

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like how you conveniently left out Neal's anchor of a contract. Also what does it matter that Kylington was "At one time projected to be a top pick"? Hes 21 already, his draft status matters not anymore.

For the reigning league MVP, that is a horrific offer. Period.

I'm leaving Neal out in general, because a player that'd make money work isn't someone that'll be an anchor for 4 more years. It'd be more along the lines of an expiring deal... but man... yikes.

I hope Hall re-signs in Jersey.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Oh Jesus Christ, you’re expecting Hall to be a deadline deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad