Dreger: Devils close to moving out pieces

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
IIRC, the rumor was a base of Wood and Gudbranson - which I didnt particularly like

I don't want to give up Gudbranson either. The idea is to get tougher but if we give up Gudbranson that would be a lateral move in that regard. Anything else you have interest in? What are the Devils' organizational needs.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Calgary offers Neal first and foremost for Cap reasons. Jankowski a first and Kylington for Hall.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Not that I think Sakic would do this as I don't see them moving on from Jost yet, but Zacha for Jost might make some sense.

I don’t know too much about him. How is he defensively? Is he being slotted at C?

Even if Zacha doesn’t ever meet his perceived offensive potential, I think he could carve out a decent career as a bottom 6 role player that can pot a few.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don’t know too much about him. How is he defensively? Is he being slotted at C?

Even if Zacha doesn’t ever meet his perceived offensive potential, I think he could carve out a decent career as a bottom 6 role player that can pot a few.

I think he will never be an effective C. He can carve out a role as a complementary piece in the top 6. For now, his biggest issue is that the game moves a bit too fast for him and he doesn't have the skating to compensate that. He is good defensively, but again I doubt his skating will allow him to be an impact player on both ends of the ice, I see a guy who is pretty good defensively but never produces 60 points at C as we hoped for, more likely he tops out as a 50 point W as the ceiling offensively. personally, I believe he was rushed and not given enough time to work out the kinks in his game. It would be much better if he got a year in the AHL after NCAA, and I still think he needs to be sent down before his offensive game completely evaporates.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Hall would be redundant on Calgary, so it's not worth discussing the exchange of a piece for a similar piece.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I think he will never be an effective C. He can carve out a role as a complementary piece in the top 6. For now, his biggest issue is that the game moves a bit too fast for him and he doesn't have the skating to compensate that. He is good defensively, but again I doubt his skating will allow him to be an impact player on both ends of the ice, I see a guy who is pretty good defensively but never produces 60 points at C as we hoped for, more likely he tops out as a 50 point W as the ceiling offensively. personally, I believe he was rushed and not given enough time to work out the kinks in his game. It would be much better if he got a year in the AHL after NCAA, and I still think he needs to be sent down before his offensive game completely evaporates.
In 2016 I hoped that the Devils draft Jost, but the Avs drafted him before it was their turn. The Devils drafted McLeod, who has been a little bit underwhelming, though his offensive contribution in Binghamton has been better lately.

I haven't followed, how Jost has developed in Colorado, so I don't know what to think about that Jost for Zacha trade proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad