Dreger: Devils close to moving out pieces

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Wow. A first, a young big centre and a up-and-coming modern NHL D (who at one point of time was projected to be a top pick in his draft) is hot garbage. That'd be a better package than 99% of TDL deals.
Not that I'm saying another team wouldn't offer something better; but... man... what a ridiculous take.

It really is a terrible offer though. Even if Hall tells Shero next spring that he isn't happy with the rebuild and wants to explore other options I'd keep him and try to resign him over taking that junk. He'd literally have to say "screw you, I want out" for me to consider that garbage and honestly, almost any team out there would beat it. Even as a pure rental next spring I'd expect him to fetch a lot more.

Honestly, I don't think Hall gets traded, he likes it here and will likely resign. And if he does get traded I don't think Calgary is that great of a fit. Colorado can offer us a much better package if they're interested, as can a bunch of other teams.
If Calgary seriously wanted Hall right now I'd expect a minimum of Hanifin + 1st coming back our way, and a lot of NJ fans would probably be unhappy with that return.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The lowest ill go is $200
But I only have $5
Sorry sir that wont do
Well when no one offers you $200 youll regret not taking my $5
-has a year to sell it-

Reactions: devils29

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Less quantity, more quality. That offer isn’t as good as you think it is.

Also, it’s far, faaar more likely that Hall extends than not. Your assertion that he likely won’t re-sign is baseless.

I don't see him coming back. Hall will take the money.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
>"Hall will go where the money takes him"
the Devils have literally the most flexible cap situation in the NHL
>"WELL YEAH BUT HE WILL GO WHERE HE CAN WIN"

make up your mind. Hall isn't going to Calgary, especially not for the garbage you offered for him. Please accept that and either up your offer or move on

We don’t need him, to be honest.
Better luck elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad