Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Caps : 2 PM

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I remember Lavi telling the press that he was going to talk to the goalies on Friday about what the gameplan is and who is going to play the back to back games this weekend. Maybe Samsonov told the coach that he wasn't 100% ready himself.

after playing well in Hershey he asks out?!

I’d be both stunned and annoyed AF if he asked out. I don’t believe it.

I think this is shielding them from a possible shellacking today as someone else said....

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Or Anderson showed better performance in practice, got into better shape and can shield both youngsters from getting rekt tonight.

Because no goalie can win noon game for Caps, lets be reality.

Other than a last minute knock, this has to be it....

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I’m pretty sure they usually play well against the Devils. Expect a good performance

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I’m not that down on Anderson. He didn’t look good in the one game but he came in cold and hadn’t played a single game all season. The defense was also a mess at that point, they have improved considerably since then other than Carlson.

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
I think you could view it two ways:

• His physical conditioning is still not where it needs to be, because from what Samsonov said COVID-19 really hit him hard (trouble breathing and walking at points). Perhaps he didn’t feel great in Hershey, where his play was rather inconsistent. Or
  • He’s recovered from COVID-19 (or 98% there), but they don’t want to put him back in net until he’s addressed the things that caused his poor start pre-COVID, and poor performance in his Hershey return
Either way, I agree that they must have some significant reservations if they’re giving Anderson his first start after playing a rookie for 13 straight. If we had a nice points cushion, maybe they’d prioritise getting Samsonov to an ideal comfort level before throwing him back in there, but with things so tight we could really do with the win.

With Dell in the other net, I would not be surprised if this is a high-scoring affair both ways.
I don’t understand calling up Samsonov just to sit him again. Why didn’t the Caps just let him play another game or two in Hershey first if he wasn’t ready for the big club yet? He obviously needs the in game experience to get his game sharp again. I knew they would do this. They always rush players back from Hershey instead of letting them stay there and get back on track. I find it very frustrating.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I don’t understand why they call up Samsonov if he isn’t going to play. If he really is out of shape why not continue to play him in Hershey?

Reactions: Futures Passed

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I blame myself for last game's poor performance. Didn't really bring a solid effort with the GDT (hell I double-posted it somehow), overslept, had too many carbs for breakfast. Basically I've got a big ego and thought everything would be fine but I'm getting old and good preparation is more necessary now than when I was a young pup.

ovikovy817 is more of a lunchpail poster and he's brought the effort so far. He might not be flashy but he doesn't take anything for granted, takes it one post at a time, battles hard in the forum trenches, gives 110%.

I'm feeling good about today.

Maybe so, but your dedicated to your craft and did a good thorough review of your posting skills. Its all about getting better every game.

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
I don’t understand why they call up Samsonov if he isn’t going to play. If he really is out of shape why not continue to play him in Hershey?
Yeah, and I also just think he has just played so little in the past year that he really desperately needs to see live game action and pucks thrown at him. The irony is that the Caps are sitting him today with the logic of giving him more time to work to set him up for success. In some sense, I agree with the intent, but I’d rather have seen him play in Hershey last night.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
We're sitting at 43.5% chance of making the playoffs now. We were at over 75% at the beginning of February.

We are also tied with 4 other teams in our division with 19 points. We have one game on the Isles, and the Flyers have one game on us.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Hope that's the case. I just wonder if this team lost a little bit of motivation after the cup win...
Actually a lot of them seem motivated and working hard - think Backstrom, Oshie, Panik, Eller, Sheary, Dowd, Wilson, Hathaway, Dillon, Jensen, Schultz, Chara...

It’s also worth remembering we’re now down to just nine players out of 23 from the Cup team. The whole ‘are they uninterested post-Cup’ narrative can’t apply beyond the core, given how much of the team’s changed in the last three years.

What they appear is out of sorts - rarely on the same page. Hopefully Laviollette and co can fix that over the coming days and weeks.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad