Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Caps : 2 PM

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
95% of Caps nation over Anderson being named starter (based on 1 appearance in relief) :
:scared:
Plus there cannot be a simple explanation for Samsonov not starting,
clearly it must be drastic conclusions and conspiracy theories only

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
95% of Caps nation over Anderson being named starter (based on 1 appearance in relief) :
He looked a bit out of shape in the scrimmages, is an old player who had a torrid final two seasons in Ottawa, and has played less than one period of professional hockey in the last year. Rooting for the guy, because it would be great for him to have a happy end to his career (whenever that is), but it’s hard to say the odds are in his favour.

No conspiracy, Samsonov isn’t in game shape.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Sure there’s some speculation, there always is. But there were known issues with Samsonov before getting covid.

And I, at least, am not basing my opinion of Anderson based on his one relief appearance— I’m basing it more on the fact that Lavi played a rookie, Vanecek, like what twelve games in a row? And they didn’t start Anderson ever when Samsonov was out. This seems to suggest that the organization isn’t too high on Anderson, that they played a rookie goalie way too much. But *now* they’re playing Anderson, who did not get a single start when Sammy was out, over Samsonov now that he’s back.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
He looked a bit out of shape in the scrimmages, is an old player who had a torrid final two seasons in Ottawa, and has played less than one period of professional hockey in the last year. Rooting for the guy, because it would be great for him to have a happy end to his career (whenever that is), but it’s hard to say the odds are in his favour.

Really the goalie who hasnt played in a year is fat and out of shape now... Wake the F up Sammy

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Where can you tell what time the actual puck drop is? NHL.com says it’s a 2pm game...

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Really the goalie who hasnt played in a year is fat and out of shape now... Wake the F up Sammy

I mean he did go through an ATV accident + a bad case of COVID. I get being annoyed that he's been missing so many games for reasons that were entirely within his control (I am annoyed too), but he isn't "fat and out of shape".

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Actually a lot of them seem motivated and working hard - think Backstrom, Oshie, Panik, Eller, Sheary, Dowd, Wilson, Hathaway, Dillon, Jensen, Schultz, Chara...

It’s also worth remembering we’re now down to just nine players out of 23 from the Cup team. The whole ‘are they uninterested post-Cup’ narrative can’t apply beyond the core, given how much of the team’s changed in the last three years.

What they appear is out of sorts - rarely on the same page. Hopefully Laviollette and co can fix that over the coming days and weeks.

well “the core” IS the straw that stirs the drink....the one constant....

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Give sammy the game he didn't look "out of game shape" in Hershey. I watched both games, he looked fine. Got hung out to dry a ton in his first game and gave up a bunch of goals because of it but it had nothing to do with his condition. Unless he flat out has told the coaching staff he's not feeling it yet then its probably some idiotic attempt by Lavi to assert his dominance. One of the reasons I didn't want him as a coach here.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

Sure looked in game shape in the two games he played in Hershey. Don't recall him being pulled in either game cause he couldn't keep up. You don't exert more energy starting an NHL game than you do an AHL game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

that reads like shielding him to me....

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Sure looked in game shape in the two games he played in Hershey. Don't recall him being pulled in either game cause he couldn't keep up. You don't exert more energy starting an NHL game than you do an AHL game.

There was this comment which I though seemed a bit ambiguous because of the language barrier:

Possibly suggests his breathing isn’t at 100% yet, which would certainly constitute not being game-ready. It’s hard to know how he was breathing under that mask during the Hershey games, or whether that was sustainable.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad