max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
upload_2021-2-21_10-52-44.gif

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Plenty of hockey to be played, obviously there’s some continuing trends from last year but we have our best hockey ahead of us.

I thought backstrom-vrana and Ovie oshie showed some chemistry.

f*** the devils

Reactions: max21

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Watching the Caps lately I've been thinking "Oh, this is what it looks like when your window is closing"..
Exactly. I would say as of now the window is indeed closed. They need to inject some youth into the line-up and re-tool. Of course they could still make the playoffs and anything can happen then but I would say their days as a bonafide cup contender are done...for now.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So much doom and gloom, you would think we were the Redwings. No prediction for the game, but here are some GDT predictions.
-someone will call for Lavi to be fired
-kuzy needs cocaine and traded post
-Carlson is high
-panik is the worst capital ever take
-we have the worst goalies in the NHL post
-and lastly, at some point in the first period someone wil declare the game over

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So much doom and gloom, you would think we were the Redwings. No prediction for the game, but here are some GDT predictions.
-someone will call for Lavi to be fired
-kuzy needs cocaine and traded post
-Carlson is high
-panik is the worst capital ever take
-we have the worst goalies in the NHL post
-and lastly, at some point in the first period someone wil declare the game over

Don't forget, half the team is ECHL caliber.

Reactions: Corby78

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I blame myself for last game's poor performance. Didn't really bring a solid effort with the GDT (hell I double-posted it somehow), overslept, had too many carbs for breakfast. Basically I've got a big ego and thought everything would be fine but I'm getting old and good preparation is more necessary now than when I was a young pup.

ovikovy817 is more of a lunchpail poster and he's brought the effort so far. He might not be flashy but he doesn't take anything for granted, takes it one post at a time, battles hard in the forum trenches, gives 110%.

I'm feeling good about today.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I’m having a hard time interpreting Anderson starting any way other than that the Samsonov situation is really bad.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I’m having a hard time interpreting Anderson starting any way other than that the Samsonov situation is really bad.

I think you could view it two ways:

• His physical conditioning is still not where it needs to be, because from what Samsonov said COVID-19 really hit him hard (trouble breathing and walking at points). Perhaps he didn’t feel great in Hershey, where his play was rather inconsistent. Or
  • He’s recovered from COVID-19 (or 98% there), but they don’t want to put him back in net until he’s addressed the things that caused his poor start pre-COVID, and poor performance in his Hershey return
Either way, I agree that they must have some significant reservations if they’re giving Anderson his first start after playing a rookie for 13 straight. If we had a nice points cushion, maybe they’d prioritise getting Samsonov to an ideal comfort level before throwing him back in there, but with things so tight we could really do with the win.

With Dell in the other net, I would not be surprised if this is a high-scoring affair both ways.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
did samsonov get in another atv accident or some shit thats the only way i can see logically starting anderson over samsonov

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I think you could view it two ways:

• His physical conditioning is still not where it needs to be, because from what Samsonov said COVID-19 really hit him hard (trouble breathing and walking at points). Perhaps he didn’t feel great in Hershey, where his play was rather inconsistent. Or
  • He’s recovered from COVID-19 (or 98% there), but they don’t want to put him back in net until he’s addressed the things that caused his poor start pre-COVID, and poor performance in his Hershey return
Either way, I agree that they must have some significant reservations if they’re giving Anderson his first start after playing a rookie for 13 straight. If we had a nice points cushion, maybe they’d prioritise getting Samsonov to an ideal comfort level before throwing him back in there, but with things so tight we could really do with the win.

With Dell in the other net, I would not be surprised if this is a high-scoring affair both ways.

I remember Lavi telling the press that he was going to talk to the goalies on Friday about what the gameplan is and who is going to play the back to back games this weekend. Maybe Samsonov told the coach that he wasn't 100% ready himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad