GDT: Devils @ Canucks - 10:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Are the Devils sticking with Vanecek, or going to MacBlack against a weak sister team?

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I don't understand why hockey players all of a sudden turn into pumpkins whenever it gets past 10:30 at their home location.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I don't understand why hockey players all of a sudden turn into pumpkins whenever it gets past 10:30 at their home location.

If they're under 35 and peak physical condition they have no excuses! Which is basically our whole team.

But for the rest of us :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Dialamo

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If this was Blackwood on his hot streak, I would imagine Vanecek would get a game cause Blackwood seems to struggle playing more than 3 or 4 games in a row.

I wonder how Vanecek handles being the starter for a long stretch of games. If he is comfortable, there really is no reason not to keep playing him based on the current schedule.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If the NHL.com numbers are correct, Vancouver has a great PP, terrible PK and overall meh on defense. I'm not sure about their style of play but the names listed above for their lineup do not suggest an overly physical team. If NJ doesn't leave its game on the plane and they stay out of the box this is a winnable game for a far west trip road game.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
If the NHL.com numbers are correct, Vancouver has a great PP, terrible PK and overall meh on defense. I'm not sure about their style of play but the names listed above for their lineup do not suggest an overly physical team. If NJ doesn't leave its game on the plane and they stay out of the box this is a winnable game for a far west trip road game.
With what you’re saying, seems we matchup perfectly. Our PP si starting to gain some traction, the PK is killing it and we tend to burn non physical teams. Hoping for a good effort tonight, regardless of the result.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
With what you’re saying, seems we matchup perfectly. Our PP si starting to gain some traction, the PK is killing it and we tend to burn non physical teams. Hoping for a good effort tonight, regardless of the result.
Teams that play physical block shots and clutch and grab have slowed them down (PHI and WAS). The NYI didn’t but they are in a rut relatively speaking.

Reactions: Devs3cups

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If this was Blackwood on his hot streak, I would imagine Vanecek would get a game cause Blackwood seems to struggle playing more than 3 or 4 games in a row.

I wonder how Vanecek handles being the starter for a long stretch of games. If he is comfortable, there really is no reason not to keep playing him based on the current schedule.
What concerns me is the same thing seemed to be true of Vanecek in Washington...I don't think there's going to be a situation where one guy gets sixteen games out of twenty this year.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If you guys fall asleep just send your cheering spirit to me the fellow fans from Alberta so we can make a Devils spirit Bomb. One of the few times that being in Western Canada helps. :thumbu:
sleeping-clapping.gif

I plan on being awakened by Dano ‘Oh Boy’s all night

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
They rode Blackwood while he was winning, I think the plan is going to be to just keep going with whoever is playing well. That probably means VV is in until he blows a game or we have a back-to-back.

I think this is as it should be. Vanecek hasn't had much to do in the recent wins, but a win is a win. Might as well stick with what works until it doesn't.

And if later in the season Blackwood turns it around while Vanecek falters, riding him for a while also makes sense.

The decision making is and probably should be situational. At least until and unless someone emerges as the clear #1 or we trade for an upgrade at the deadline or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia