Ice Station Zebra

9FqbdNA.gif

exejaGV.jpg

GFtcuJg.jpg

Bratt Named NHL's 2nd Star of the Week!

m4OCQlI.jpg

DEVILS (6-3-0) vs. CANUCKS (2-5-2)

Head-to-Head

The Canucks are the first Western Conference opponent the Devils visit this season. This is the first meeting between the two clubs this season and won't meet again until Feb. 6, 2023, when Vancouver travels to New Jersey.

The last time the Devils won a game in Vancouver was Nov. 10, 2019, in a 2-1 final, while each team won a game in their two-game series last season.

Devils team scope:
The Devils will look for a fourth consecutive victory on Tuesday night, which would mark their longest win streak of the season. Vitek Vanecek has back-stopped the team to all three victories while posting a .955 save% and 1.00 GAA.

Jesper Bratt is continually a player to watch as he looks to extend his season-opening point streak to 10 games, he currently leads the club with 15 points in nine games.

The Devils enter Tuesday's contest ranked first in shots against, per game at 21.7, as of Oct. 31.

Canucks team scope:
The Canucks are expected to have players return from injuries when they host the Devils. Brock Boeser, who has not played since Oct. 22, will be a game-time decision, while Quinn Hughes, who has missed the last four games, is expected to be in the lineup.

After starting the season 0-5-2, Vancouver is fresh off victories in back-to-back games on back-to-back nights. The Canucks beat the Kraken in Seattle 5-4, before beating the Penguins in Vancouver 5-1.

By the Numbers:
The Devils allowed less than 25 shots for the 8th consecutive game on Sunday afternoon, which is the longest stretch since Apr. 10, 2013, to Apr. 27, 2013, which was a nine-game streak, where the club held opponents to less than 25 shots for 8-plus games.

Against the Devils the Canucks will play their 10th game of the season, with no player yet cracking double-digits in points. Elias Petterson is the club leader with four goals and five assists, for a point-per-game pace with nine points in nine games.

Injury Updates:

Devils

Jonathan Bernier (Hip - IR)
Ondrej Palat (Lower body - IR)

Canucks
Travis Dermott (Concussion - IR)
Riley Stillman (undisclosed)
Quinn Hughes (Lower body - IR)
Curtis Lazar (Undisclosed - IR)
Michael Ferland (LTIR)

YFTM4Uz.jpg

D3RUEyS.png

RjvDVne.png

s5WR52C.gif

hPkTDaV.png

2RNw0MX.png

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
LGD! Let’s get rolling on this trip! At least want a good effort tonight!

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Speaking of sleepy /tired , I may need a steady stream of caffeine via IV to stay up for the entire game . My daughter was up all night due to a massive sugar high ..
I’m an old fart so I’m usually in bed before 10 every night . Thankfully I am in the left coast so it’s not too bad . I’m only an hour behind VanC time

I’ll likely be asleep by pre-game, but hoping to see some good news during my 2am piss.
I feel good I’m not the only one that does that . 1 am piss , 3am piss and raid the pantry

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Western Canada road trip is always tough. I'm hoping they keep up their recent two-way dominance.

I'll probably watch the start of this one, but tap out somewhere in the second period unless it's a really compelling game.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Let's see if I can stay awake for 2 periods worth of play.... and lets hope the players can keep it up at that time as well.

We need another W for the momentum rolling......

A Haula goal would really be cool. He is playing well....... Sharangovich needs to show something this game too. I know everyone was more than happy last game with the team's 7-1 dominance, but Rango was very quiet offensively.

Let's Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad