Status
Not open for further replies.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
just fixed myself a nice plate for later. time to kick it up a notch

IMG-6481.jpg

let’s f***ing gooooo. one game at a time
I’m really going to miss getting virtually stoned with you each game if we get bumped tonight lol.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Great GDT!

Also, one thing that wasn't mentioned in this topic is that, if we lose, it's probably Severson's last game in Devils uniform :(

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I went from wanting to trade him to wanting to keep him. My bi-polar meds need some adjustments

It's the Severson effect, much like his overall play. :laugh:

I've flip flopped back and forth. I know the right move is to let him walk given his replacement is grooming in Utica already. But my heart gets the best of me and I wish he could stay.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I like the fact that my two favorite teams, the Mets and Devils, have never been swept.

I dislike that I feel like I've seen both of them lose in 5 in big spots too often (the Mets' last two World Series appearances, the Devils in God knows how many first or second round series dating back like '97 or so).

I really dislike losing in five when the pattern goes "you lose the first two, win one at home, then lose the next two", because I feel like I've seen that too often.

So with all of that in mind, let's, uh, win tonight? Sure, why not. Go to Rawly and win the game. Come back to Newark for at least one more and give people an excuse to get messy and have fun around the Rock on Saturday. That sounds infinitely more appealing than just meekly bowing out, doesn't it?

But if they do lose tonight, then go down fighting, and go out with a bang boom. Let's ride this bomb all the way down!
jvQkcvX.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Great GDT!

Also, one thing that wasn't mentioned in this topic is that, if we lose, it's probably Severson's last game in Devils uniform :(
And a few other guys…Graves, Tatar and Wood are UFA, the Bratt and Timo RFA signings still need to happen (or not)

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
It's the Severson effect, much like his overall play. :laugh:

I've flip flopped back and forth. I know the right move is to let him walk given his replacement is grooming in Utica already. But my heart gets the best of me and I wish he could stay.

I like how he improved over the years and glaring mistakes in defence happen more and more rarely but I think that there's no fit anymore as his profile is too similar to Hamilton and L. Hughes (so there may be no spot on PP for him) and there would be 3 RHD with cap hits over 4M+, effectively blocking Nemec from getting a spot (as you pointed out).

Reactions: My3Sons

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
The prognosis hasn't been good so far. Game 3 even looks like an anomaly at this point. With that being said the talent is still there and this team has shown the ability to adapt and make adjustments. I hope Lindy was his best version of Larry Robinson 2000 in that dressing room after an embarrassing game 4. There is plenty of promise going forward for this group but, nothing is guaranteed! The opportunity is still there tonight and they need to go grab it by the f***ing balls! Stop turning over pucks. Be willing to win every f***ing puck battle. Block shots and don't be afraid to win ugly. Take a page from Toronto's playbook last night and we'll see you back in Newark on Saturday! LFGD!!!:devdance::devdance::devdance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad