GDT: Devils @ Canes - Stanley Cup Playoffs - Rd 2, Gm 5 - 7:00 PM - TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How the hell do you even notice something like that and remember this stuff lol. I found this one, the best part is the poll haha.
It’s different from the one posted here. I have so many different versions of these things. Sometimes they get recycled/changed or not used at all.

The one I grabbed and put in here was probably from a different year and didn’t get used. Looks like I changed the Devils lineup but not the Pens. I’m still confused on it, I’ll have to look again tomorrow.
After I clicked on that thread I actually went down not too many posts and I did happen to comment on that! I can’t believe I could forget that! I totally forgot all about that until today!

And after reading all the Hynes’isms in this GDT, I saw cap team and thought that was a reference to the 19-20 team being close to the cap! After reading it in this GDT from January of 2019, it all came back to me that Hynes said something about “that’s a cap team over there” or something about how the opponent was at the salary cap after a bad loss. I remember a couple people here speculating that Hynes was taking a shot at Shero for not providing him with a cap team lol.

And Kinkaid-Johnson was actually a tandem for a game? I didn’t remember that either lol. I think Cory was on conditioning stint to the AHL at the time and Blackwood was also injured and that’s why I guess Cam Johnson had to be called up to backup Kinkaid lol.

I always remember the “If you want bread, go to the store” comment was something he said on the behind the glass series we were featured on during our training camp and trip to Europe at the beginning of that year. But I never quite understood the metaphor.

Reactions: My3Sons and JK3

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
just fixed myself a nice plate for later. time to kick it up a notch

IMG-6481.jpg

let’s f***ing gooooo. one game at a time

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
IDK what to think anymore. It'd be totally on-brand for NJ to win in a blowout tonight after getting humiliated at home. Then again, they might get caved in, too. I just have zero clue. If they're gonna lose, at least lose a close competitive game, just for a little variety, will ya?

"Somebody left the gate open..."
Man that brings me back.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Wonder which NJ team will show up tonight. Have a feeling this series will go back to Carolina for game 7 if the devils can win tonight.

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
eerily feels like 2006 going down there for game 5 down 3-1 but i think we get the win tonight and surprise a lot of people.

SCHMID hasn't let this team down yet when they needed him to turn a series around and fend off elimination he wont start it tonight.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i hope that with their back to the walls they play aggressive and hard because we really just need to challenge their goalie. fight for the puck at all costs and crash the net.

they’re totally beatable but we make them look invincible, have to change that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad