Proposal: Devils-Bruins

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Carlo is a wildcard with his noggin issues. Hopefully he can get through a full season soon. Until then no GM will give up much of value for him.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
The Devils will go after Mayfield Graves Ristolainen with the 28pick. Islanders will have cap and protect issues. Same with Avs. Risto is maybe cheaper and if slotted correctly will flourish.

off topic, but I want nothing to do with Ristolainen.

I’m very into Ryan Graves, but he will cost less than a first and so will Mayfield. Av’s and Islanders fans will both admit that. Now if we’re talking about trading the Islanders 2nd round pick plus a prospect, I’m in.

Ordinarily I would agree with you both regarding Mayfield. However, since he is signed for two years at just 1.45M cap hit there isn’t much cap saving to moving him at all. In fact, he’s possibly the best cap hit per per performance contract on the Isles.

During the regular season the fanbase was split, but slightly leaning towards Leddy over Mayfield for the expansion draft. After these playoffs, Mayfield has pretty much guaranteed that he will be protected.

If he IS traded, it would likely be for more than us expected, because his style is coveted by GM’s and his contract is amazing. Or, it would be a deal where an anchor contract is included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad