Proposal: Devils-Bruins

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Brandon Carlo is a good defenseman when he is healthy but the concussions he has sustained would probably keep most GM’s away from inquiring to the availability of Carlo.

If Carlo were 100% healthy I wouldn’t do this deal from a Bruins perspective.

We’ve seen too many players have their careers effectively ended because of head injuries, hopefully this isn’t the case for Brandon Carlo’s career.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Devils can sign decent defencemen with the 38M in capspace and give up nothing

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
The Devils will go after Mayfield Graves Ristolainen with the 28pick. Islanders will have cap and protect issues. Same with Avs. Risto is maybe cheaper and if slotted correctly will flourish.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
The Devils will go after Mayfield Graves Ristolainen with the 28pick. Islanders will have cap and protect issues. Same with Avs. Risto is maybe cheaper and if slotted correctly will flourish.

off topic, but I want nothing to do with Ristolainen.

I’m very into Ryan Graves, but he will cost less than a first and so will Mayfield. Av’s and Islanders fans will both admit that. Now if we’re talking about trading the Islanders 2nd round pick plus a prospect, I’m in.

Reactions: QuizGuy66

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
This doesn't really make sense from either side.

Bruins need Carlo . . a lot. He's a great shut down dman.

Didn't Zacha just have a breakout season? Him + a late 1st is too expensive for the Devils.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
This doesn't really make sense from either side.

Bruins need Carlo . . a lot. He's a great shut down dman.

Didn't Zacha just have a breakout season? Him + a late 1st is too expensive for the Devils.

Fitzgerald, who probably had more hands on control of the draft than Shero did at the time, was very clearly trying to draft a Carlo clone in 2019. So that's why it makes sense from the Devils standpoint, although I guess I wasn't that familiar with this injury issues.

I don't know a ton about the Bruins' needs, but my thinking is that they'd be reluctant to give Carlo the raise he's entitled to, and Zacha does seem to fit the mold of the type of forward they like with the late first rounder making up for the fact that a healthy Carlo is a more valuable piece than Zacha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad