GDT: Devils @ Bruins: Dunkin' Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
We're going to finish last in the conference. Two points ahead of Carolina for the bottom spot and Carolina has 3 games in hand. :/

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's Cam Ward .... Pavelec Brian Elliot bad this year...lol

Please tell me you're joking? If you're not please STOP IT! Once again, this is NOT TRUE!

This is absolutely false and either you just don't know it or you're completely biased against him.

Brian Elliott is at a .903 on the season

Cam Ward is at a .904 this season and the last season he was even to the level Cory is this year was all the way back in 2011-2012.

Pavelec is sitting even below 89% this season. .888 for Pavelec, which is terrible even by his own standards. Pavelec's second best season in the NHL was identical to Cory this year. Cory is at a .914 this season.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Most Clubs would have fired the lame coaching staff by now!!!
Hynes has to go...The Devs don't have the best talent but. They need someone a little
better than a good AHL coach.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I love how Dano is trying to explain this as a product of bad breaks. I guess he has to pay the bills too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Very boring hockey with no signs of life.

I'd rather be back in the mid 2000s get ousted in the first round every year era than this.

This sucks.

Well it's a no brainer to want to play important games till April as opposed to being out of it by late February.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Post Game my ass I woul rather watch the ****ing weather channel. Channel Changed

The Weather Channel is cool!

You're not missing anything here. More ''Silver linings'' and moral victories and acting like we played decently, since we're 8 year old pee wee players that went up against an actual NHL team tonight.

The good tonight? Schneider

The bad tonight? EVERYBODY else. Everybody stunk, I can't think of anyone else that played all that good. Everybody was pinned in their end the whole night long.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We spent so little time in the offensive zone tonight, I think I heard the puck screaming and kicking when Hall and Palmieri skated it into the Bruins end during that goal. I'm surprised the puck didn't melt, it must have felt like a vampire when the sun comes up, that's how little time it spent in that end. It was a culture shock.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes will finish the season, no doubt.
Waste of breath to think he will get canned this season

No point in firing him now.

This team is good for nothing but comedy at this point and Hynes (lack of) system definitely is something of comedy.

God damn Shero and lightning strike him if extends Hynes before his contract is up next June though. How can you really justify extending this guy at this point and this early? What has he done that any other coach couldn't?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hynes will finish the season, no doubt.
Waste of breath to think he will get canned this season

Plus it'd have to be really bad in terms of getting blown out every game to have Hynes lose his job inside two years. That's why the December stretch was really dangerous for him, but it's mostly straightened out since then. He'll obviously get the third year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lovejoy sucks

But listening to him in this post game, someone really needed to say what he's been saying.

I'm surprised I didn't hear some Dano spiel about bad breaks or unlucky or something because it was only a one goal game.

Schneider was the best player on either team tonight and deserves zero criticism for this game whatsoever.

You can point the finger at him for quite a few disastrous games, but he's the reason this was a one goal loss. This should have been a multi game loss and by maybe even 3 or 4.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Columbus has to be itching to play the devils after the ambush the devils gave them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lovejoy was the only one who dared say anything negative about tonight's performance.

Frickin Lappin said something about ''We did a good job defending that'' and I really didn't hear what he was being asked about, as I was preoccupied with something else at that point, but what did they do a good job of defending tonight? Umm, what?

I know he's an AHL call up and in no position to call out the team and performance like a veteran guy like Lovejoy, but really? They didn't do anything good tonight except goaltending.

Pretty much every skater was bad, it's hard to even single out anyone for this game because of how collectively (Hynes-ism) every skater looked. Every skater did something or another bad at some point and some guys didn't do one good thing at all, all night long.

Severson's brutal play on the game winner and Lappin's own goal will be the most memorable, but if those didn't happen, it wold have been something else to sink them. And the 1st period was as bad as anything. And I just can't believe how bad we've been outplayed in the 3rd period in the last two games and we were trailing the whole time in Washington and most of tonight in the 3rd period. For all but a minute or two in the 3rd, maybe three minutes? We had 6 shots in the 3rd period tonight, outshot 12-6. We also got outshot in the Washington 3rd period too. Forgot what they had, but we only had 6 shots in the 3rd tonight and that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad