GDT: Devils @ Bruins: Dunkin' Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
How many 1 goal games can Coach shiny head suffer in a row before he realizes his strategy is a yuge problem and isn't working

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's an average goalie... not great and imo never will be elite.

This is complete and utter BS.

Plain ********.

He's an average goalie THIS year, he's been a WELL above average goalie for EVERY season up until this year.

And even though this year is TRASH by his standards, he's still above the league average save percentage.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Honestly, what the hell do people expect from this roster and Hynes? Look at who we're icing tonight, 4 legit NHL'ers, a bunch of kids who'd be lucky to make it to the 3rd line at best and various useless fodder we plucked from obscurity never mind our defense lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many 1 goal games can Coach shiny head suffer in a row before he realizes his strategy is a yuge problem and isn't working

My counter question to this is

How many more years can Rejean keep him around before he realizes this strategy is a YUGE problem and isn't working?

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Who ****ing cares. I had a better time listening to the RIT Niaggra game from my daughters College. At least they have heart.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, what the hell do people expect from this roster and Hynes? Look at who we're icing tonight, 4 legit NHL'ers, a bunch of kids who'd be lucky to make it to the 3rd line at best and various useless fodder we plucked from obscurity never mind our defense lol.

Fair enough

But we've literally had TWENTY games like this with a more ''Complete'' roster. We've had games as bad or worse than this with the best roster we've iced this season.

Now I know in those games, we got one or two fewer saves than we got in a game like tonight

But we've had some real terrible games like this with a less AHL caliber lineup.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013

Plain ********.

He's an average goalie THIS year, he's been a WELL above average goalie for EVERY season up until this year.

And even though this year is TRASH by his standards, he's still above the league average save percentage.

So 1 good yr, 1 avg yr....equals an average goalie.... maybe slightly above at times. Theres nothing wrong with that...just some are saying over the past season he's an elite goalie....and that's false. Elite goalies stay good for multiple seasons (quick,price,holtby, and yes the queen herself )

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ

Plain ********.

He's Cam Ward .... Pavelec Brian Elliot bad this year...lol

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Very boring hockey with no signs of life.

I'd rather be back in the mid 2000s get ousted in the first round every year era than this.

This sucks.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This thread is absolutely brutal tonight

Not until someone says it was a good defensive game or that we did a lot of good things or something like that.

This game was not the worst defensive game of the season, the game in December against Montreal was the worst Devils game possibly since 1987. Worst I've ever seen, especially when considering the competition.

This was another typical game of many this year. Games that have definitely been less frequent or less normal since Christmas time, but when they do happen, they look very respectable due to goaltending being pretty good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Very boring hockey with no signs of life.

I'd rather be back in the mid 2000s get ousted in the first round every year era than this.

This sucks.

It's all about seeing what some of the rookies have and draft positioning the rest of the way.

Cards are stacked against them regarding talent almost every night.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Schneider is at worst average this year and the stats back it up.

Meanwhile, the previous +200 games suggest he's an all-world top 5 goalie in the league.

Send your hot takes somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad