GDT: Devils @ Blues - 8 P.M. - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
seems like an obvious concussion.

when he has the collarbone injury the first time he skated himself off the ice screaming in pain & frustration. You don’t get out there for another shift in a regular season game against a nobody with a broken collarbone. You don’t skate off the ice with your stick at your knees putting pressure on your shoulders with a broken collarbone.

He’ll miss a few games / weeks with a concussion.

If Jack and Nico are both out the team will require some restructuring of how they play.
magic johnson is on HFBoards?!?!?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I’ll say, for me, I was worried about shoulder as he hit the boards but skating off the ice I was relieved because his body language didn’t suggest he was having shoulder or collarbone issues.

Head or neck issue, whole different story.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ll be medicating tomorrow with a ton of tacos and burritos. And a chorizo torta too.

Well, I would have been stuffing my face with all of that regardless. Saturday is kind of my cheat day and I’ve walked so much this week that my lungs hurt. And I don’t even smoke anything.

I’m gonna start in about an hour with two share size Milky Way bars and a monster slim Jim lol.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
This is why last years sublime 52 wins will be difficult to replicate. Anyway I expect them to compete and stay above water without Jack and Nico. Still a fast and talented team. Just can't f*** around 5 on 5 anymore and the PP can't possibly stay at 44%.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I’ll say, for me, I was worried about shoulder as he hit the boards but skating off the ice I was relieved because his body language didn’t suggest he was having shoulder or collarbone issues.

Head or neck issue, whole different story.
It’s also very unconventional to see someone grab at their head and wince in physical pain with a concussion. You generally see a loss of coordination/balance, confusion, or sluggishness like we saw with Nico.

His reaction and the impact looks more like neck/shoulder to me, but we’ll see.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
If mercer was like 0.5 ppg or something, or Timo/Palat was on fire I would not be so worried in short term of these losses.

We only have Bratt and Toffoli and Holtz and Luke going in any real measure.

McLeod looks good but still capped and Haulas cooled a bit (probably still nursing injury)

The entire goal of the DoPS was to remove hits to the head and cheap shots from the game...15 years later it's still a regular occurrence. f***ing garbage.

Yup. The deterrence is nothing. A hit to the head like on Nico or Laine etc, should be 10 games minimum. 2nd occurrence 15 games. etc. too easy for someone to take a good player and have little consequence. Incentive still too tempting.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Toffoli - Mercer - Meier
Holtz - McLeod - Bratt
Palat - Haula - Lazar
Bastian - Tierney - X

??? No idea lol
jesper-boqvist-2023-51.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It’s also very unconventional to see someone grab at their head and wince in physical pain with a concussion. You generally see a loss of coordination/balance, confusion, or sluggishness like we saw with Nico.

His reaction and the impact looks more like neck/shoulder to me, but we’ll see.

It is, but he also hit his hard pretty damn hard with the speed he was going. The concussion part of it might have come during the following shift.

Though I'm still leaning neck/shoulder as well though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Too soon for a DD post about how the Rags have such strong depth to be able to afford the Fox injury, but we can’t absorb the injuries to Nico and Jack? :sarcasm:

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad