GDT: Devils @ Blue Jackets - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Can’t win every game. I know it’s cliche to say that but it’s true. Even if you deserve to win and outplay the other team, some nights it’s just not meant to be. I know it sucks we lost but I’m not really that pissed. They played hard, generated chances but no puck luck.
Hopefully they don’t get discouraged and just move on to the next game and continue to play hard.
The guys we count on moving forward we’re very good tonight so that’s good to see.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Hard to be mad about this loss. The effort was clearly there, but everyone being out really showed. Hard to win a game with a winger corps of two solid citizens and a waterlogged roll of toilet paper.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He needs to be the best player while we have half the roster out with Covid and he's consistently one of the bottom 3rd of performers on the team. He was sleeping on the goal that bounced off Jack and went in. I know you don't expect that, but you shouldn't be lax because of it. You saw the other teams goalie make two huge saves. Mac has been outgoaltened the last several games with the exception of the first period on Thursday.
I agree for the most part, but I don't think he had a chance on any of the goals tonight. At least I don't think so, I didn't get a great look at the fourth one though, but probably not.

The one off Hughes was ridiculous.

He was definitely out-goalied against Boston, he cost us that game plain and simple.

He wasn't really out-goalied against Washington or Edmonton, but we just outscored his suck. At least in the Washington game we did, I don't think he was bad in the Edmonton.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The difference tonight was goaltending .....
I just don't think he had a chance on any of the goals tonight, but there's still about 23 others that he did this season and they've cost us a lot of games, including the one against Boston just the other night.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Not too mad given the lineup but it was still a very winnable game. Be competitive Monday aka don’t lose by 7 goals to an angry TB team
We’re going to lose by a million goals (who cares) but the beating the Isles in the dumb new arena would be sweet and obviously a win against the desert dogs is a must or the team should drop dead by ODing on shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oneiro and Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Their goalie made some huge saves. I wouldnt mind him on NJ tbh. I dont know the Bleed scouting book on him but he played decently both games.
I think the Studenic goal was a bad one.

You definitely don't want him though, he gets outplayed every year by his goalie partner. He's not a good goalie, but he doesn't look like a bad one.

I consistently count a very low percentage of goals against him as stoppable every year, but the fact that he gets outplayed by Merzlikins and Bobrovsky almost every year behind the same team is enough of an alarm and good enough verdict to say avoid him and I'll admit it's also enough to say my stats aren't always congruent with real goalie stats.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Well, his stats suck this year.

I think the Studenic goal was a bad one.

You definitely don't want him though, he gets outplayed every year by his goalie partner. He's not a good goalie, but he doesn't look like a bad one.

I consistently count a very low percentage of goals against him as stoppable every year, but the fact that he gets outplayed by Merzlikins and Bobrovsky almost every year behind the same team is enough of an alarm and good enough verdict to say avoid him and I'll admit it's also enough to say my stats aren't always congruent with real goalie stats.

I see. In these games he seems to play better than his stats. Or we make him look like some sort or 1b goalie....

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I see. In these games he seems to play better than his stats. Or we make him look like some sort or 1b goalie....
I don't see many goals where I think he looked like he had a chance on going in. Not as many as Merzlikins, but more goals go in on him than they do on Merzlikins, who is actually good for some incredible softies.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Blackwood gave up the Nico goal people would be killing him.
I thought the Studenic goal sucked. Boqvist takes a shot from a bad angle that really should have been absorbed and covered before Studenic could poke it home.

Was the Nico goal the one that leaked through him? That was a tough one just because guys moved right in front of him on that one. And they were screening him from just a few feet in front of him, not like 20-30 feet out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad