Post-Game Talk: Devils blow lead late and lose to Habs in Shootout (Same Movie)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Talk about being green...why you gotta admit that kid? I had hope we finally had a shootout scorer lol

Or he's trolling the league. One shoulder fake left then snap a wrister high glove off the bar and in. That will be his next move.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
No sleep for you. Punishment for making to day hell

Or instead of you maybe it was Manchester United's fault they lost, maybe its my fault I didnt do my paper earlier (nahhh) and maybe its PK Subbans fault we lost today

Nah, your right. Your fault

Subban slewfooted *insert ManU player name here* from across the ocean. poor show.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I don't think that was an intended slew foot. It should have been a penalty though, but missed calls happens gotta live with it.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
god it would be so nice if they could get a winstreak going and hopefully win both games of the back to back

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or he's trolling the league. One shoulder fake left then snap a wrister high glove off the bar and in. That will be his next move.

Well he better know another move on his own. Nobody on this ****ing team's going to be able to teach him anything about shootouts. Except maybe Marty (since he got Kovalchuk to be better in them).

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
After every game we lose recently, so this happens often, I get pretty pissed. But then I mosey down on over to NHL.com to check our place in the standings. Suddenly I'm feeling a lot better, even with 1 more game played than all of the Caps, Rags, and Flyers, being tied for 3rd and 2 points behind 2nd with our record is astounding. It's been a rough go with the amount of games played the past few weeks, and the schedule lightens up a bit in the coming weeks so that will do us good.

Consistency is this teams' downfall, not just game to game but period to period. The season is still long but if someone told me we'd be tied for 3rd in our division at this point in the season I'd be happy with it, I don't care how bad our division is, we're still tied for 3rd.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Whose idea was it for me to have an 8 AM class tomorrow too????

Im looking at yoouuuu Kaoss

i bet you wish you were...

Class-less

csi.jpg

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Devils played a good defensive game and probably deserved the win based on their 3rd period pressure, puck control and they clearly won that period.

For the goals, lets look at it:
Devils: 1st goal was a weak by Budaj. 2nd goal was the result of a deflection and 3rd was a great shot from PK's error.

Habs: 1st goal was not stoppable, 2nd goal was weak by Shneider, 3rd was a deflection

Overall, it was a dramatic endingfor both teams but I don't think you should see it as the end of the world.

Even if Habs won both games, lets be honest, we didn't deserve winning both. I wouldn't want to play you guys in playoffs.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think Pete is lucky Subban distracted the blame from him again as well. The two useless scrubs hardly played and it was painfully, painfully obvious how unnecessary and unproductive their presences were. And again with the shootout. Yeah, Cory was bad, but what the hell!?! This same shootout lineup is 0 for 23423452345, so you only change one player? One. Player. W.T.F?!? And guess what that one player you changed did? Why does it seem like when things are going well Pete feels the need to tinker with lines and lineups but when things are going horribly he keeps it all the same? It's frustrating, perplexing and infuriating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad