Post-Game Talk: Devils beat Leafs 6-3: I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT. GOOD JOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
If Vegas had odds on who would be the last undefeated team in the Eastern Conference, what you think the Devils odds would have been?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Matthews is incredible and made Nico look silly a couple times. Not surprising really, it's a learning experience. This I think was a time when Nicos lack of muscle mass was very apparent.

Reactions: Oneiro

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Your gamely TOI report:

Moore: 17:35
Greene: 20:54 with 7:31SH (!)
Santini: 19:55
Severson: 18:18
Mueller: 16:46
Butcher: 16:18 with ~5:00PP

Looking at the forwards:

Hall had only 14:15. Henrique led with 20 including 7min SH. Johansson behind him with 17:18. Bratt with 17:15 and Zacha with 17:12 in 3rd and 4th.

Quite amazing to see the Devils are doing this while keeping the forward and defense minutes balanced. There's been no passengers on the team so far.

I think that is part and parcel of fast attacking and supportive. Guys need a breather and rolling four lines and three pairs is probably a necessity.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Well beside all the guys that did well, like CORY!!, Coleman, Santini, Bratt, Henrique, Butcher, Wood and so on. This team has a bounce back it seems. They answer goals with goals, they keep playing even when they are up goals and keep pushing. They are playing together as a team and defending each other. These are things that didnt always happen last year or years before.

Boyle, take your time. I see no reason at all to change the 4th line at the moment. They are playing about as well as a 4th line can.

Jasper Bratt danced around Leafs early in this game and showed his skill, got 2 shots off and almost scored. This kid is very fun to watch.

Andy Greene was outstanding tonight, it was the Greene of old.

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
XeklzW1.png

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hall's low TOI is what stands out to me on that list...wonder why he only got 14:30?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zacha was playing well before tonight.

Small sample size of corsi is not the best indicator, but I believe he had one of the best relative corsi on the team among forwards. Behind only Gibbons, Noesen, Bratt, Hischier and Stafford, who played like 6 minutes.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
What a fun game to watch. Team was electric tonight, so fast and competitive. They look so much more confident and motivated. The Devils are on fire and flying and buzzing. As a fan, I love to see it. Even more than the wins, it is a treat to see the team play like this. Still undefeated, wow. Keep up the strong play,Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad